Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 friends and I had a chance to drive the new 2007 Polaris IQ 600 this past weekend. The dealer had 3 of them so we all took off at the same time, no test track but real world riding on the trails with no one watching. I can tell you this it is different than the fusion. The riding position is as close to a rev as I have been on not exactly but very close. Handle bars in the fixed forward position with risers on them make this sled very easy to stand and ride on. They moved you farther forward again. Steering was near effortless and the handling was pretty good considering no studs and stock runners. It was a little choppy on the small stutter bumps but handles the big bumps with ease. I am impressed to say the least, I think they have found something that will appeal to a lot of people. Oh yea the performance is pretty good also that 600 they have does pull hard and we pushed them. I know I will have a hard choice at the end of this year so we will need to see what the pricing is. I am sure they will probably be no better on gas than the current 600 Fusions which ranges from 9-12 mpg. All in all it made our weekend getting to drive a 2007 model so we know what it is instead of guessing. The game just got closer.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
you say the game is closer but not all the cards are on the table! we will see what kind of a hand skidoo is playing with for 07 in a few weeks!! i will see your con-fusion and raise you a ski doo!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I see your ski-doo and raise you a 2007 HONDA!!!!!!!! LOL

I rode these 3 sleds back to back!! I wish I could put a sled together with parts from all 3. It all depends on what kind of rider you are and where you ride! I agree the 2007 polaris is way more comfortable than the 2006 model.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I rode one last night, poor poor snow conditions made for a short ride, but I LOVE IT. You sit down and get that REV-RT mixed feel the good of the REV mixed with the Good of the RT. The handling was sharp turned so easy compared to my doo cornered flat, wieght transfer is awesome, after screwing with 2 doos for 3 years I never got that much hook up, no studs needed here. The bars are nice positioned farther foward than the Fusion, no vibration no belt slippage I tried to smoke the belt but it was fine, so those probles are fixed. New engine pulls hard out of the hole then tapered out to a smooth pull after 70mph. Fit and finish is way better than the Fusion more Yami like, the chaincase isnt in the footwell that much anymore, but he new gauge design this year is cheapo I miss the number needle now it's just blank. Pounded some chuck holes nice feeling suspension you can feel the skid working in the stutters then it firms up for the big ones, tracks striaght and flat in holes when pushed, stand up rider is way better than the fusion ever thought of being, I would get a 1" taller riser and be perfect. Told the price is going to be close to the 06 Fuse so that means Doo better have a killer model or drop prices drastically cause the Polaris is way more sled and way more refined than the 500ss thats priced the same. I may have to blow the dust of my old Poo clothes. BTW my 2003 and 2004 REV's will be FORSALE in upstate NY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts