Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 4 replacement bearings from Royal Distributing, all NTN, and all from their catalague as replacements for jack shaft and drive shaft for both clutch and gear box sides. My question is that from what i can see, my clutch side drive shaft bearing is open sided with grease nipple, and Royal sent me a double sealed bearing as a replacement for it......Do I just use the sealed one, or opt for another open bearing? Any suggestions? Will a fully sealed bearing last as long as an open sided one?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
perfect thanks guys....wasn't sure if those were sold open sided, or if I was to just modify a sealed one by pulling out a seal. I am hoping this gets rid of the vibration that I feel over 80 kmph......but I am afraid it could be more...after adjusting my track tension, I noticed that my track is dead center at the back of the skid, but at the front left side the track clips are about 1/4" from my slider/hyfax and the right side they are almost touching....not sure what the fix is there.....

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Drive axle shifted due to bad bearings. Maybe. But unlikly by a 1/4 inch.

Tunnel tweaked.

Skid rails bent.

Drive cogs can be relocated on drive axle to compesate for offset.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya 1/4" might not be exact, but relocating the drive cogs a bit would be ideal if i could do that once i dig into it....i took my skid off last year to do all the wheel bearings, so i know the skid is not bent, but ill have to check the cogs for sure! The bearings look fine, but i wanna do them as a preventative maintenance this summer. thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts