Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi all,
Need to know what size allen wrench is used for the drainplug of the chaincase. I dont have the seld on a stand, and all I have a metric allen wrenches. Seems as though its between a 3-4mm maybe a 3/16"?
The seld is a Formula 700 GSE / 01
Please let me know as I want to change the gearoil as we're finally supposed to get some fresh snow to ride on the icy trails tomorrow.
Also should I run a synthetic gear oil, or 80/90wt gear oil, I hear some people run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w/30, and others have said straight ATF fluid is good. Any help w/ the size of the allen wrench needed would be GREAT & All opinions / experiences regarding whos running what are welcomed too! Thanks,

·
Registered
536 Posts
wooza1 said:
Hi all,
Need to know what size allen wrench is used for the drainplug of the chaincase. I dont have the seld on a stand, and all I have a metric allen wrenches. Seems as though its between a 3-4mm maybe a 3/16"?
The seld is a Formula 700 GSE / 01
Please let me know as I want to change the gearoil as we're finally supposed to get some fresh snow to ride on the icy trails tomorrow.
Also should I run a synthetic gear oil, or 80/90wt gear oil, I hear some people run Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w/30, and others have said straight ATF fluid is good. Any help w/ the size of the allen wrench needed would be GREAT & All opinions / experiences regarding whos running what are welcomed too! Thanks,

[snapback]690356[/snapback]​
4.5 mm. 3/16" will work in a pinch, but it is a touch small.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts