Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i am wondering on how you lower the rev suspension for ice and asphalt drag racing?????? if anyone could tell me how to lower the front and rear that would be awesome thanks.

LIKE THIS!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
For the front get a friend or something to push on the front bumper so the front shocks compress then take chains and cut them to length take the nut of the shock bolts put the chain on and put the nuts back on. For the back you can use limiter straps or a tough nylon strap and you just wrap it around the supension so it compreses but make sure you don't put it were a moving part or something will catch it. ummm i can't think of the restrictions for drags but i believe you have to have so much suspension travel i think it's a couple inches at least, make sure to check restrictions.good luck on your project

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98_formula_III_600 said:
For the front get a friend or something to push on the front bumper so the front shocks compress then take chains and cut them to length take the nut of the shock bolts put the chain on and put the nuts back on. For the back you can use limiter straps or a tough nylon strap and you just wrap it around the supension so it compreses but make sure you don't put it were a moving part or something will catch it. ummm i can't think of the restrictions for drags but i believe you have to have so much suspension travel i think it's a couple inches at least, make sure to check restrictions.good luck on your project
[snapback]699759[/snapback]​
thanks

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
weight transfer is a big deal. lowering rear makes it slightly easier for track to rotate also. softer springs in rear a must for weight transfer.
think of how long it takes for suspension to collapse when you hit the gas from a dead stop. every tenth of a second takin away from that time means a win or losing a race in some cases.

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
chain suck i think. i use limiter straps up front to keep it down. dont hear that clanging noise at takeoff and no scratches on springs either.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,509 Posts
Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel
Like this One of the easiest ways is to just get smaller shocks off of like an F-series chassis, tighten your limiter straps all the way down, and use softer spring or what i did get a set of springs and compress them with a torch so it keeps the rear down, i got all of this at a snowmobile salvage place.
The reason for lowering is like said above keep the weight down because the front end wants to fly up in the air and u want it down because u are gettin max traction from start to finish.
there is alot more involved as well this is just the start.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Would this provide better launch on normal (snow) drag conditions? Granted, its impractical for the casual rider that is also running trails, just curious. Safe to say then that the "lowered" '06 front shock setup provides improved weight transfer by simple virtue of being lowered, as compared to an '05 with the same rear setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.