Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drag raced my sled last night at the local ski resort and didn't do how I wanted it to. I'm thinking it needs some clutching work any good clutch kits? Is there any way I can hook up one of those holeshot buttons to? Sled is a 03 600 rev

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not looking for anything to serious just a few things to beat my buddies for the next race coming up

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
a google search is your friend... I'm running a 1.75 backcountry and it is amazing, hooks up everywhere. i'm running a DJ clutch kit which pulls very very hard and 20/43 gearing with stock 10 tooth extros. i keep up with a stock 800r until about 70 and then he'll start to catch up, i top out around 95-100..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a google search is your friend... I'm running a 1.75 backcountry and it is amazing, hooks up everywhere. i'm running a DJ clutch kit which pulls very very hard and 20/43 gearing with stock 10 tooth extros. i keep up with a stock 800r until about 70 and then he'll start to catch up, i top out around 95-100..
I have an 1 3/8 lug it hooks up nice i just need more low end I have a 21t top gear and stock bottom the engagement isn't were i would like it once I get a quarter of the way up the hill I start getting good power

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Looks like stock primary spring is a 130/320. You could go up to a 160/320 or a 200/320.

When did you replace your primary and secondary springs last? When did you have them apart last?

Reverse or no reverse?

What RPM are you engaging at now?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like stock primary spring is a 130/320. You could go up to a 160/320 or a 200/320.

When did you replace your primary and secondary springs last? When did you have them apart last?

Reverse or no reverse?

What RPM are you engaging at now?
Never opened up the clutches they are in need of a rebuild badly it does have reverse and engages around 3800 I wanna say.... It's all stock

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Well I would start there with a good cleaning/inspection. And let us know what part # is on the Helix or what angle numbers are on it.

Even just a rebuild with new springs will perform better I'm sure.

Getting this stuff done first will give you a better idea of how you want it to perform with different springs and helix.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
The stock 03/600 is a 160/320,,but its probly shot/weak by now if the orig

Engine sounded like it needs a tuneup also

I sorta wish I brought my sleds,,but that stuff takes way to long

The snow was good tho and plenty of it/on the hill area,,maybe next race march 20

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
The stock jetting would have been fat with warm as it was

How fresh is the top end?

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I would donate you a 200/320 primary spring and help you jet it if needed and other possible setup stuff,,pm me if needed,,I have lots of 03 stuff

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The stock 03/600 is a 160/320,,but its probly shot/weak by now if the orig

Engine sounded like it needs a tuneup also

I sorta wish I brought my sleds,,but that stuff takes way to long

The snow was good tho and plenty of it/on the hill area,,maybe next race march 20
Motor is fresh has 600 miles on mcb tob end and regreased crank its running alittle rich since I've Ben messing with the carbs I need to set the fuel screws back to stock since I figured out the hanging idle problem i was having and it was also sluggish from the warmth too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts