Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my only mod has been to weld shut my decompression ports and clicker 1. Right now a non modded F-7 is right with me to 1000 feet or 100 MPH then I slowly leave them. Modified F-7's (port,pipe,reeds ect.) get me by 2 or 3 sled lengths on hole shot and then it takes me about 2000 feet to pass them but I have not ran a sled yet that I did not feel I would eventually pass.
This however is not what I want from my Z. I ordered a Cudney clutch that I hope helps me out of the hole and in that first 1000 feet. I may also buy his Domes if necessary.
My question is other than studding, what suspension setup and startline technique has the best results for "Drag Racing"? I shortened my limiter strap because I was getting huge ski lift. Maybe this was not a good thing? What are your thoughts as it seems like everyone wants to race me just 1000 feet to prove their sled and my best performance seems to be well beyond the 1000' mark.

·
Registered
437 Posts
1FASTZ said:
So far my only mod has been to weld shut my decompression ports and clicker 1. Right now a non modded F-7 is right with me to 1000 feet or 100 MPH then I slowly leave them. Modified F-7's (port,pipe,reeds ect.) get me by 2 or 3 sled lengths on hole shot and then it takes me about 2000 feet to pass them but I have not ran a sled yet that I did not feel I would eventually pass.
This however is not what I want from my Z. I ordered a Cudney clutch that I hope helps me out of the hole and in that first 1000 feet. I may also buy his Domes if necessary.
My question is other than studding, what suspension setup and startline technique has the best results for "Drag Racing"? I shortened my limiter strap because I was getting huge ski lift. Maybe this was not a good thing? What are your thoughts as it seems like everyone wants to race me just 1000 feet to prove their sled and my best performance seems to be well beyond the 1000' mark.
[snapback]301847[/snapback]​
Front shocks all the way soft,Middle on#2 or #3 depending on traction #3 will hook a little better but cause more ski lift,Rear all the way soft.Bill's kit will help alot but also check out Straightline Performance post.
ps I crushed a few modded firecats&900zr's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts