Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
It would be very expensive to add DPM to your sled. You would need all the parts, wiring, and a new computer.

If you want to have it easy try dial-a-jet. You can adjust your jetting on the fly with a flat screwdriver! Takes about 10 seconds to rejet.

http://www.mcbperformance.com/dialajet.html

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Backcountry said:
Does anyone know if you can add DPM? I have an 02 700 MXZ Sport and would love to add DPM instead of jetting it when I go out West. Thanks.
[snapback]284317[/snapback]​
You can, but you need to also add the DPM MPEM when you do.. as well as carbs and the solenoid/vacuum rail and the ambient sensor for the airbox.

The only cost effective way to do so.. is to keep checkin classifieds on Dootalk/Snowest sites or ebay for someone selling these parts.

Really world if it is much easier/cheaper to just change the jets. That is what we did in the beginning when we started going west.. and eventually we all bought mountains sleds with DPM or built ourselves mountains sleds and equipped them with DPM.. It is a great system and from 99 to the new system this year... has worked great.

Kind of depends on where you are going out west.. but if you are going someplace like the Snowy's out of Laramie... which are basically 9k to upper 11K.. you drop 9 jet sizes if you are going from 700 foot flat lands.. and you drop about 4 degrees in helix angle.. and you will drop about 5 grams pin weight.. Or change the primary spring to achieve a similar function. These are ball park numbers.. but pretty much spot on..

·
Registered
398 Posts
The Holtzman ATACC would be a good alternative. I think they are less than $200. It was one of the first things I added to my 03. Since the addition jetting has been spot on at altitudes from 2500 ft up to 8000 ft. Takes about an hour to install. Great directions and help if you need it from Holtzman.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Backcountry said:
Does anyone know if you can add DPM? I have an 02 700 MXZ Sport and would love to add DPM instead of jetting it when I go out West. Thanks.
[snapback]284317[/snapback]​
A much simpler way would be to install Tempa flow. Adjusts for Temperature and has a manual altitude adjustment that is simple and easy install and adjust. For full automatic temp and altitude adjustment there is atacc. I installed atacc on my 03/800 and works perfect. Here's the website...

http://www.holtzmaneng.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.