Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and researched a ton and cannot find solution.
I Need help with a DPM flooding issue on '04 ski doo 800. DPM is brand new, floods carbs every time when you stop. You can watch the lines connected to bowls fill up with gas. Unhook the DPM and no more flooding issues, but runs super rich. 400 mains. Thinking about just making it carberated with 370's. Any thoughts? Riding elevation is in WA state from 4-7000. Thanks

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
As soon as you stop open the fuel cap. If it stops doing it your tank vent is not operating correctly. Tank it off and use a hose with a few loops up high and going down where the left panel hose vents.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
Are you 100% certain the needle and seat for the floats do not have debris holding them open? Happened on one of mine

Reactions: old hat doo

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I have read and researched a ton and cannot find solution.
I Need help with a DPM flooding issue on '04 ski doo 800. DPM is brand new, floods carbs every time when you stop. You can watch the lines connected to bowls fill up with gas. Unhook the DPM and no more flooding issues, but runs super rich. 400 mains. Thinking about just making it carberated with 370's. Any thoughts? Riding elevation is in WA state from 4-7000. Thanks
tank is likely building pressure, The relief check valves have too stiff of a spring, I have removed the springs and shortened them on a few sleds, Crack gas cap and it should help by relieving pressure. You also may have some leakage in the float needle seat, Corn fuel will leave a thin layer of tarnish preventing it to close tight and fuel will seep into bowls and up the DPM hose. The DPM itself is not your issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts