Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the funeral parlor. Place was packed. I told Doug's family of all the well wishers on dootalk and they sure were suprised. They had never heard of it. I told them we had over 1800 hits on my last post. Doug and I race out of the same shop just different types of racing. He liked the bumps I like the asphalt. Looking around at his family I really had to rethink the racing. Very well could have been me or any one of us there. I will not quit racing but maybe I will be a bit more careful. Maybe check my equipment one extra time. Maybe not rush to the line if I have not really had the time to be sure of myself. I am fortunate in that my wife races asphalt with me. Could have been her laying there tonight. Please keep Doug's young family in your prayers as they are going to need it. Thanks again, Jim Muth

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jim,
Thanks for the unenviable task of representing us and our well-wishes to Doug's family.
With regard to the incident, was there any information about whether the TekVest was insufficient protection for this type of impact?
Sorry for bringing it up, I'm trying to figure out if we can better protect ourselves and unfortunately it takes an accident to evaluate what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Also best wishes to his family and I hope RMR or WSA evaluates this incident to see if other equipment is needed to prevent this tragedy from occurring again...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will find that out in the next few days from our sponsor. I didn't have the heart to ask at the funeral. I would bet Doug had one on. His parents sure were suprised to hear about us dootalkers. I told them to check this site as many well wishers here. Thanks for caring. Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is really sorry to hear. Wheels, a Tekvest protects from external impact, there is nothing to protect the inside. I am a paramedic and I know how difficult something like this is for families. We are all here for you! Best wishes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
No one ever thought something like this would happen and this is the worst possible thing that can happen. This incident has touched all of us in the racing community. Best wishes for Dougs family and may Doug rest in peace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts