Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hay Days is quickly approaching, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to get my thread started for the 2018-2019 race season. Last year, we did the posts a little bit different and it made posting updates a little more complicated, so this time around I'm planning on posting everything here. Tune in here for all the details on the new 2019 Ski-Doo 600RS as we receive our sled and stick around for our race recaps and product reviews. Now let's dig in…

We're deep into the offseason and I'd like to bring you all up to speed on where I'm at, what my plans are, and also get some valuable feedback from you, the readers and supporters.

As a racer, I am constantly striving to do better, even after 19 seasons of this snocross thing. When the 2017-2018 season wrapped up, I took little time off and instead chose to get back into the gym while we waited for the weather to warm up enough for us to switch to motocross. My fitness felt great last season, especially at the regional events where some of the finals went up to 20 laps, but one area that I know I need to work on is dealing with the pressure of running up front. The last thing I want to do is throw away a podium finish like I did at Lake Geneva, so I'm really focusing on maintaining intensity at the gym right now by doing some longer bike rides and rows on the Concept2 row machine.

In addition to the gym work, I'm trying to get some seat time in on the motocross tracks. In previous years, I've only really ridden pit bikes out of fear of getting injured in the offseason. However, early this summer I took it upon myself to try something new in hopes of reaching another level next winter and so I bought my first 250f. Now, I'm able to ride tracks more often and really combine on the bike training with my efforts in the gym, which should be extremely valuable when the snow starts to fall.

e2487c3a83d45f7d86ee36d8e176114b.jpg

So, that's what I've been up to the past couple of months, but things are definitely starting to ramp up now as we are reaching out to potential partners and looking to finalize our trailer to make it more accommodating for our weekends at the track. This way, when the season rolls around, we'll be able to focus entirely on improving our race results.

With that being said, I'd like to take a moment to ask for your feedback and support. I've loved the sport of snocross since I first saw Blair Morgan and Chris Vincent battling on ESPN when I was just a kid, and it's my goal to share my journey and the advice I've received over the years with a larger audience and that's what I hope to accomplish this year. To make it easier, I'm looking for more partners to promote during the course of the year. Last year, we competed at seven out of the eight national events and seven regional events, traveling over 5,000 miles and accumulating two regional Pro Lite championships and podiums in nearly every regional final. If you or someone you know is interested in supporting an effort of this level, please reach out to me via PM or by emailing [email protected]. I can't express how much of a help it is to have partners on board and I will do everything in my power to ensure we make it worth your while. Now, I know times are tough so if you are unable to support me in that way, I hope you will at least support me by following along and sharing this thread with your sledding friends. Trust me, that is more than enough for me! Lastly, if you have some advice/feedback on how I can improve upon what we did last year, racing or content-wise, please feel free to chime in and let me hear your thoughts!

Thanks for reading, I'll talk to you all soon!

Brian Petersen #112
ab477a9ca7d25518a3e1ed78e3a75958.jpg

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you thought you had the time to post videos and do some editing a go pro would be great for you. It’s a great way to gain lots of fans and help showcase the products you are using!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you thought you had the time to post videos and do some editing a go pro would be great for you. It's a great way to gain lots of fans and help showcase the products you are using!
Yeah, my plan for the past couple of years has been to do a vlog on the race weekends, but with it just being Jared and I usually, it's been next to impossible to get it done unfortunately. However, if we can get things as organized as possible this offseason, I'll definitely have time to post more videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Advanced Member
1,593 Posts
You should see taller spindles as a lot of the race teams were asked to try the tall ball joints again.

They were released with short ball joints and everyone switched shortly after. A 137" is a for sure. Teams were told to sell their 129" leftover tracks if they had any haha

I can't share all the secrets!

TallSpindles.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing to crazy even though Haydays is just around the corner. Like many guys, I'm still focused on riding motocross as much as possible to stay in shape. Riding the 250f has meant a huge improvement for my fitness this summer and soon the gym work will ramp up.

On the sled front, Ski Doo is stepping up their presence by inviting us racers out to the 19 race sled launch where we'll talk to fans and sign autographs which will be pretty cool. Like you guys mentioned, a 137 is extremely likely and I would anticipate the taller spindles coming stock. Last year we had the option to run either, but most opted to run the taller ones almost right off the bat for handling purposes.

·
Super Advanced Member
1,593 Posts
Well Ski-Doo released their schedule of events so you will see it at 10am on Sept.8th.

Saturday

ALL DAY - No Bull Riding Contest (Win a free set of riding gear!)

ALL DAY - Exclusive Sled and Accessories Promotions

ALL DAY - Ski-Doo Backcountry Experts Meet & Greet

ALL DAY - Can-Am Barber Shop

10 a.m. - 2019 Ski-Doo Race Sled Reveal

10:30 a.m. - Ski-Doo Racer Meet & Greet in Gear Zone

11 a.m. - "That Ski-Doo Feeling" Sock Toss Giveaway

1 p.m. - "That Ski-Doo Feeling" Sock Toss Giveaway

2 p.m. - Bull Ride Show Down - Tony Jenkins vs. Jay Mentaberry

3 p.m. - "That Ski-Doo Feeling" Sock Toss Giveaway

Sunday

ALL DAY - No Bull Riding Contest (Win a free set of riding gear!)

ALL DAY - Exclusive Sled and Accessories Promotions

ALL DAY - Ski-Doo Backcountry Experts Meet & Greet

ALL DAY - Can-Am Barber Shop

11 a.m. - "That Ski-Doo Feeling" Sock Toss Giveaway

1 p.m. - "That Ski-Doo Feeling" Sock Toss Giveaway

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nothing to crazy even though Haydays is just around the corner. Like many guys, I'm still focused on riding motocross as much as possible to stay in shape. Riding the 250f has meant a huge improvement for my fitness this summer and soon the gym work will ramp up.

On the sled front, Ski Doo is stepping up their presence by inviting us racers out to the 19 race sled launch where we'll talk to fans and sign autographs which will be pretty cool. Like you guys mentioned, a 137 is extremely likely and I would anticipate the taller spindles coming stock. Last year we had the option to run either, but most opted to run the taller ones almost right off the bat for handling purposes.

I will be there at the booth too. I'll make sure to introduce myself and my son. He will be racing sport and sport-lite next year.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I will be there at the booth too. I'll make sure to introduce myself and my son. He will be racing sport and sport-lite next year.

Please do! The older I get, the more I enjoy meeting new people in this sport to talk racing. In my opinion, it also helps when people riding the same brand sled get to know each other, since you never know when you may need help from others at the races.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll probably get there around 9 or 9:30 and then be at the Ski Doo booth until a little after 11. It'd be nice to meet up and chat with some of the members!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can it be Saurday at 10:00 already!!!!!
I'm with ya! But, while we're wishing, can I wish that it was the end of October and we had the 19s already? Haha

1 - 20 of 273 Posts