Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
4061 - 4075 of 4075 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
The fact that this is the DooTalk NFL thread?

I will only say this, if you watched through all the other crap the NFL has done through the years and now are not watching because they support BLM, it does seem a little petty to me. If you watch any TV or movies, you do realize that the majority of the actors are also supporting BLM.

I've said this before, except for the playoffs and SB, the national anthem was rarely played on TV. Most TV coverage was showing you a beer or truck commercial during that time. If you ever seen a live game and watched the players (pre-protest), you would see that most are doing pre-game warm ups and pretty much ignoring the anthem or anything else going on. They are stretching, sitting, kneeling, walking around hyping each other up.

The first week, the media was watching and reporting about their bringing awareness to something, second week the media is pretty much letting it fade away.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Cam Newton is doing fairly decent, but he needs to learn to trust the other receivers.

Russel Wilson is the king of the long drop ball.

Brady is settling in.

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
The fact that this is the DooTalk NFL thread?

I will only say this, if you watched through all the other crap the NFL has done through the years and now are not watching because they support BLM, it does seem a little petty to me. If you watch any TV or movies, you do realize that the majority of the actors are also supporting BLM.

I've said this before, except for the playoffs and SB, the national anthem was rarely played on TV. Most TV coverage was showing you a beer or truck commercial during that time. If you ever seen a live game and watched the players (pre-protest), you would see that most are doing pre-game warm ups and pretty much ignoring the anthem or anything else going on. They are stretching, sitting, kneeling, walking around hyping each other up.

The first week, the media was watching and reporting about their bringing awareness to something, second week the media is pretty much letting it fade away.
I have pretty much given up on most TV. I watch the History Channel, some racing, and The Game Show Network - not much more.

It wasn't one thing that made me stop, it was one more thing. Everyone has a breaking point, I hit mine. Enough already.

Besides, the Giants haven't played a game in what, 5-6 years now. :lol:

Reactions: snowguy1

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,848 Posts
Anyone watching this year? Or all the stupid protest chasing people away?

They just need to do what they do best, play the game. Their opinion is no more important than mine or my neighbors to me.
Well there you go you finally found out that your opinion is no more important than yours or your neighbors to yourself...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Bridgewater is underrated. Sure, he's doing just "okay" on the Panthers, but the team around him is not exactly playoff material either. Lost to the Bears today.

Bell is overrated. When Conner can step in and do almost exactly the same, and then people want to forget his Jets years now. He'll do okay in KC, but that team really didn't need him. Offensive weapons is not their issue.

Tannehill caught all kinds of crap when he was with the Dolphins, saying he wasn't much of a QB. Him playing very well on the Titans.

Foles takes over for Trubisky. What I said all along, Trubisky needs a veteran starter in front of him in order to learn the game. Trubisky will make a come back and be one of the best QBs in the league, but for now he just needs to get smarter.

Cleveland was hanging pretty good, but they are riddled with injuries and it is really starting to show.

How much did Brady mean to the Patriots? Well, the replacement QBs have turned the ball over more in 6 weeks than Brady did in 2 years. Brady wasn't all that great last year, but at least he gave the defense a chance to win the game.

Baltimore is starting to catch fire. Getting the offense back to what they do best. RUN.

Each week it is the same story. KC is behind at halftime, but then comes back in the 2nd half to win.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Hehe, time to wake this up. Don't like the NFL? Don't click on this thread and complain about it.

Analyst are just reading too much into week 1. Really ridiculous. Cowboys get 4 turnovers from the Bucs and still lose, but the bright side is the Cowboys don't face another team that had a winning record last year until week 11.

Cleveland found a way to lose. Same way a lot of teams seem to. They keep giving Mahommes the ball.

Big stories from the pre-season was all the rookie QBs, well, that didn't work out so well when they had to play a full game at full speed. I think they all lost.

·
31,848 Posts
I'll complain all I want to...the Patriots lost...

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,753 Posts
Well with all the drama for the Packers and Rodgers over the last few months>>>>>>Did Rodgers throw the game or was all the hype that all the practices were great for Rodgers and company just media talking?????? In my honest opinion, the starters should of played like they have in the past in some pre season games>>>>>>

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Yeah, the whole Rodgers hype thing was just silly. Then he goes out and puts on that lack-luster performance. He better shine on Monday Night against the Lions.

I think the biggest surprise this week to me was the Saints getting their butts stomped by the Panthers. Looking at the stats and you can almost see why. They gave the ball to Kamara just 8 times for just 5 yards, and Winston completed just 11 of 22 passes. Saints time of possession was just over 20 minutes for the entire game. Panthers had it just under 40 minutes.

Still early in the season and week 1 vs week 2 really doesn't tell much in the way of who is going to come out on top.

·
31,848 Posts
The new look Patriots won...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Except for a few, most were pretty close games. Bills really took it to the Fins, think they might have been frustrated a bit after last week.

Lions vs Packers. If Packers don't cover the 11 point spread, they'll be talking about Rodgers again for the next week.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Dang, Sam Darnold is looking pretty decent with those Panthers. How long will it last?

I'm telling ya, the Jets are where good players go to fade away/die. Rookies just try to stay healthy enough to get traded to another team.

4061 - 4075 of 4075 Posts