Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
4041 - 4060 of 4075 Posts

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,848 Posts
Gronk coming out of retirement is not surprising. He retired for 2 reasons that were both related. 1. He was injured and needed a break 2. Belichich wanted him to play regardless of his status and would "cheat" the status to make sure he did play. Edelman is going to be next. Edelman may not go to Tampa, but he'll be out of New England before the start of the season. And this is 100% because of Gronk's trade. Edelman will probably end up on some wanna-be team, like the Titans or Broncos. :lol:
they tried trading gronk two years ago before he retired but nobody took the bait...at least now we know two teams are going to suck this year the Patriots and the Buccaneers...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Gronk won't be the same until it is really needed. Meaning, it won't give up his body until the game in on the line.

I'm curious of how much of the defense they are keeping together in New England. They were #1 in points (not) allowed last year and were responsible for winning a lot of their games. Granted, #1 defense when you face crappy teams all season is not amazing, but still it is the NFL.

Belichick will probably concentrate a lot on defense. Bad offenses can win games if the opponents can't score.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
In other football news....

Rams are losing Wade Phillips, Todd Gurley, Brandon Cooks, Dante Fowler jr, Cory Littlejohn, Nickell Robey-Coleman and Clay Matthews.

Pretty big hole in the defense, see if they can manage to replace any of those players. I think losing the DC is going to kill them though. Rams defense will suffer.

·
31,848 Posts
Godspeed coach Shula...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Now they are going around and around about Cam Newton and where he'll end up. Some analyst are saying he'll end up in New England, but I highly doubt that. Belichick doesn't like prima-donna's on his team. He put up with the likes of Moss simply because talent like that is hard to come by.

I really think that he fits well in Jacksonville, but a fellow Jax fan says they are sold on Minschew. I just don't see him being the starter for very long there. Dobbs and Glennon are the backups, but even they don't measure up. If they do go with that lineup, I'll bet Dobbs takes over the starting job pretty quickly and the Jags will just have a terrible season.

Another team not getting a lot of press is the Chargers. Are they really going to go with Tyrod Taylor or Stick? I doubt it, they may go after Cam or someone like Josh McCown.

QB's that have started games that are looking for jobs:

Cam Newton

Josh McCown

Drew Stanton

Joe Webb

Blake Bortles

Joe Flacco

Trevor Siemian

Not sure what unsigned rookies are still out there.

I've never been a fan of throwing rookies into the starting job right away. Rarely do they do anything the first year, or if they do, the second year they don't.

Thank god that Kapernicks name isn't headlining this year.

·
31,848 Posts
No football this year...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Now they are going around and around about Cam Newton and where he'll end up. Some analyst are saying he'll end up in New England, but I highly doubt that. Belichick doesn't like prima-donna's on his team. He put up with the likes of Moss simply because talent like that is hard to come by.

I really think that he fits well in Jacksonville, but a fellow Jax fan says they are sold on Minschew. I just don't see him being the starter for very long there. Dobbs and Glennon are the backups, but even they don't measure up. If they do go with that lineup, I'll bet Dobbs takes over the starting job pretty quickly and the Jags will just have a terrible season.

Another team not getting a lot of press is the Chargers. Are they really going to go with Tyrod Taylor or Stick? I doubt it, they may go after Cam or someone like Josh McCown.

QB's that have started games that are looking for jobs:

Cam Newton

Josh McCown

Drew Stanton

Joe Webb

Blake Bortles

Joe Flacco

Trevor Siemian

Not sure what unsigned rookies are still out there.

I've never been a fan of throwing rookies into the starting job right away. Rarely do they do anything the first year, or if they do, the second year they don't.

Thank god that Kapernicks name isn't headlining this year.
On the bold... turns out that was a bit premature. Lots of Kapernick talk in the past few weeks. Lot of players taking a knee this season.

I have to say I am truly suprised that Kaperick has not been picked up by someone. There are more than a few players out there who have done some pretty awful things, and still are in the NFL.

This guy is still in the NFL.

Kap taking a knee vs. the haymaker Mixon lands on the jaw of that young lady.... Just saying.

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
I don't think Kapernick wants to play football. He seems to be plenty content playing the victim role and collecting money from Nike and a ridiculous NFL settlement. It blows my mind that a guy who opted out of one contract, turned down another contract, and purposely did the opposite of what the NFL asked of him at a special workout session can go around claiming he was blackballed.

I saw Brett Farve said Kap was going to end up a hero like Pat Tillman. Concussions must be catching up with Brett.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I kind of agree with depot14, I don't think he really wants to play anymore.

Kapernick has these issues:

- Expensive backup QB. Most teams are settled in on their QB and only a handful would even consider starting him. Even the Jaguars are settled in on Miss-you...

- Bad habits. There is no question that he is a decent athlete and can make a difference, however, several coaches, including ex-coach Dungy, have stated that he has been coached out of his bad habits only to see them all come back during the games. Things like his slow arm motion/release and the way he runs with the ball (not protecting it) were a couple things pointed out by Dungy.

That all said, what teams would like to have him? Certainly there are teams like the Jaguars and Broncos and maybe the Jets. All teams I would suspect would rather go after Cam Newton than CK.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Cannot believe the Pats signed Cam Newton...

Figured they'd just stick with Stidham, but maybe they wanted to get the spotlight off everyone else and let Cam ham it up.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Anyone watching this year? Or all the stupid protest chasing people away?

Yes, I called them stupid, because it is stupid to actually listen to athletes opinions. They just need to do what they do best, play the game. Their opinion is no more important than mine or my neighbors to me.

Early season pick to win the Superbowl... Baltimore Ravens.

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Anyone watching this year? Or all the stupid protest chasing people away?
Is anybody watching what? What protest?

I haven't seen a thing! Screw the idiots!

Yesterday I did get a new window in our cellar, got the first coat of primer on the reclaimed room, did a SxS ride to camp and the other hunting property to check the trail cams, reclaimed so old barn boards, and played a few good games of cards last night. According to my pedometer I walked over 8 miles yesterday.

Was there something I missed? :)

4041 - 4060 of 4075 Posts