Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Far from cheap, but really close to broke!
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Last season, 2012 catalouge, I remember seeing the S-36 front end and the "new floating secondary" But looking now, I don't see either online. I am lost
Are they avail?

·
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reading the description it says it converts to a short shaft so it is removable. Doesn't say anything about floating?
Ya, but add a little spacer to the bolt and Voila, floating clutch, just like Skidoo's of old.

Thx for the link. I was looking at the online cataloug, different one i guess??

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I asked the local parts people why its shown at that website (which is not a brp site) and not in the ski-doo catalog and got a blank stare. They also host Kawi, and I think KTM products.

The part numbers atleast go to the correct products. If you go to the online parts catalog I believe it only goes to pages 134, yet that is where the other pages on the link start. So whether they were meant to be publically available parts or not remains a mystery.

·
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure I seen them in the printied catalog at my dealer this spring. Next time i'm in, I'm going to get me a copy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just read the instructions for the kit and it states floating driven pulley.

I was really worried about this since there´s no floating spacer in the picture in the catalouge but its in the instructions.

Just ignore the alignment specs and you will do fine

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's nice and all, but I'm still a fan of the doo doctor. Why should we pay skidoo for something that they should have done from the get go.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's nice and all, but I'm still a fan of the doo doctor. Why should we pay skidoo for something that they should have done from the get go.
Got that right - haven't blown a belt during a ride since I installed his kit. Super friendly to deal with too which is more than I can say for my local dealer.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Our New kit is out and ready, $469 floated.... It is direct fit, you do not have to change your upper chain case seal or tower brace like doo's kit. So if you want to reinstall your old shaft.. just slide it in.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Our New kit is out and ready, $469 floated.... It is direct fit, you do not have to change your upper chain case seal or tower brace like doo's kit. So if you want to reinstall your old shaft.. just slide it in.
Brian, what all is included in your new kit? I saw something earlier this summer about you coming out with something, but have'nt heard the official word. I am ready to order!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Brian, what all is included in your new kit? I saw something earlier this summer about you coming out with something, but have'nt heard the official word. I am ready to order! sorry about the crappy pic but it's one we snapped at the shop...
Outer clutch half, shaft ( DIRECT FIT!!!!! ) with bearing., and all the fixing to make it float! $469
BJ will have one at HAYDAYS!! sorry about the crappy pic. it's one we snapped at the shop..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts