Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just got back last nite from an extended weekend of riding the trails and fields of "flat old Saskatchewan". We pulled out of dry brown Edmonton early Friday morning with our hopes high, 6 hours later we unloaded at the Kingfisher Inn. My gawd there's snow here!
After a short ride and a few beers
we hit the sack to await the arrival of freakshow12 Fred and uncle Larry in the morning.
The next day Fred and Larry took us on a heck of a ride. We made stops in Alysham, Star City, and Melfort on the way to his cottage at Wapiti. This is a shot from Alysham.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From there we motored on to Melfort where uncle Larry's Z ran out of gas about a mile from the pumps. A quick fill from one one of the jerry cans got him to the gas station, where his sled died and refused to run for the balance of the day?
It was at the Esso while trying to get Larry's sled going that freak earned his new nickname "None went in my Mouth".
If only I had a better picture of him blowing that Z!!! We were close to Fred's house so he towed it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next we made our way to Fred's cabin (castle on the river) and got to meet mom dad and the rest of the family. Larry was waiting for us there as well and we all shared a beer before heading down onto the river and back to Nipawin. Fred joined us for a few pops and laffs before we all called it a night. A great end to a great day. I also want to say thanks to Fred, Larry and all their family for making us feel so welcome. We started out the day as total strangers and finished feeling like old friends. Good old western hospitality at its best.

Thanks again Fred we will be back soon!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fred
We got one last ride in on Sunday. Only 3 of us made the trip, I think maybe too many happy pops weakened some team members resolve the next day!! We headed out across the dam, over to White Fox, up the ditch to Love (not many people have ever actually been in Love!!??). I found an deserted road north of Love and turned the Z loose for maybe 1/2 mile. Jeezus 125mph!!
Man that road was starting to look skinny! From there we headed north across the fields and onto the trails in the forest. The trails through the forest were great, mostly smooth with about 2-3" of fresh. Here we are heading into the bush.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But with a little help from a rope and a screwdriver, Bob and Dave had her back on the trail!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
nice pics Terry! I have not been into the forest up there this yr yet. I heard about teh poo incident from Larry. that sucks, he just got that one didnt he? I am glad your mach is running so good, I sure like the shocks better than mine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.