Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have both sets only because I owned a Skidoo and a Polaris at the same time and didnt want to put Doo muffs on my Indy. They are basically the same. I would bet that the same company in China makes them both.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Doo muffs it shall be. Look forward to riding with just liners or a pair of mechanix gloves on a typical trail day. Thanks for the help everyone!
I have the Doo ones with the plastic windows. Be careful when it's extremely cold the plastic becomes brittle. A small twig split the plastic window first time out.
At the store they were very flexible but not so much in the real world.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the Doo ones with the plastic windows. Be careful when it's extremely cold the plastic becomes brittle. A small twig split the plastic window first time out.

That’s crazy I have 4 sets, they are 5yrs old, zero issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking for feedback on the Klim muffs as compared to the Doo ones. I want to pick up a set for this year, but not sure which ones to go with.
No brainer get the skidoo one epoxy threaded shaft in to handle bar end and get winged stop not from Amazon think it’s 5/16 holds them on we’re paper thin gloves .chabugamo was 38 below not cold

·
Supreme Snowmobiler
2,117 Posts

I think the early ones had this issue. First set I bought about when they first came out did it. I bought a set a few years later and still good. Probably 6-7 years and 20,000 miles and still good. Klim look good and I think Kimpex has some with windows that look good also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No brainer get the skidoo one epoxy threaded shaft in to handle bar end and get winged stop not from Amazon think it’s 5/16 holds them on we’re paper thin gloves .chabugamo was 38 below not cold
Is there a link or video to show how to do this install with epoxy and wing nut? If I'm cutting and gluing, better do it right lol thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Go with the DOO ones, then only wear grip gloves or Klim 3.0 liners.
My same set up, Doo muffs and Klim 3.0 liners. I've worn the Ski-Doo pit gloves that are similar to Mechanix gloves with my muffs but l think the Klim 3.0's are much warmer on the back of the hand. I rode at -29°F last year with this set up and couldn't believe that my hands were toasty warm with limited handlebar heat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is there something you guys do with a threaded bolt and a wingnut on the end of the handlebars to keep them from rotating on you? I'm looking for another thread that has a fix for that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts