Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Renegade 800. three of my friends have the 800 e-tec. They all had the recall work done. I was going to wait until after this season to do mine since I only 2,000. Well, dealer messed up 2 of the 3. One was an issue with rave valves causing oil to go everywhere. Now the identical Renegade to mine is having over heat problems. This is the only dealer within 120 miles. We do go to northern Wisconsin about 3 times a year in the Mercer area. My sled runs fine. Should I leave it alone, take my chances at this dealer or find a way to drop it off up north since I have another sled I could ride?

·
It's me!
718 Posts
I've also got a 2012 800 etec. I'd definitely have it done and drive a distance to have it done right! I'm planning on having mine done this spring or next fall. I've got 1600 miles. And I've also read some good advice to have the dealer do some other small things while in there like replace reeds, bearings, etc. So yes, I would definitely take advantage of it. And once I have mine done I'm going to sell it and get a new sled!

·
Registered
126 Posts
You for sure need to get this done.If you ever attempt to sell it or trade it and the recall is not done,some dealers will not take it in trade.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You for sure need to get this done.If you ever attempt to sell it or trade it and the recall is not done,some dealers will not take it in trade.
Never thought of that. Although I wouldn't trade because I don't need to get a brand new one. Still have another sled I usually ride. And this local dealer replaced reeds on all 3 of my buddies sleds. For between$250 and $300. I would just as soon put Rage Cages in for the same price

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Thought this expired in august
He is right ^^^ you no longer have to worry about the piston recall as that ship has sailed.

Bulletin 2012-0022 is for 2012 etec 800's... bulletin specifies the recall is for vehicles "usually driven" below 4k feet in elevation and campaign expires august, 2016

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sporto.......you do know it is only February, right? you said recall went to August of 2016.

I would also give a big shout out for robs performance. great dealer with solid techs and very dialed in with BRP.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Sporto.......you do know it is only February, right? you said recall went to August of 2016.

I would also give a big shout out for robs performance. great dealer with solid techs and very dialed in with BRP.
lol..that is what I get for trying to read and type without my cheaters. My bad...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does anyone know if the rebuild will come with any sort of warranty? I'm in the same boat as others. I don't have a lot of trust in my dealer when it comes to rebuilding a motor.

·
It's me!
718 Posts
Does anyone know if the rebuild will come with any sort of warranty? I'm in the same boat as others. I don't have a lot of trust in my dealer when it comes to rebuilding a motor.
Good question!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Most dealers that are concerned about their reputation will warranty their work for 1yr.I had my 2011 800 E-tec done at Marquette Powersports near Marquette Mich and they did a great job!They reset the ECM for another breakin mode and I ran it fast just like I always do and put another 2000 miles on before I traded it on a 16 Renegade 800 e-tec.The rebuilt engine never missed a beat!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts