Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, please don't hate me. I bought a new sled yesterday and...its a Polaris. So, I live in Minnesota and I've been wanting to like Polaris for a long time. They sort of feel like the home team. but I just could not bring myself to like the Rush suspension. Its a bias because I've never ridden one but I just could never get past how funny looking it is. but this year, they finally came out with the sled I think they should have built three years ago which is the 2013 Indy. I got the Indy SP model which has upgraded shocks, hooked bars with heat all the way to the ends, and the skis from the Rush. It's not an e-tec but it is the most powerful 600 two stroke on the market and it all comes in at 449 pounds - before I add electric start to it. From everything I've read it should compare favorably with a 600 TNT performance wise but it's MSRP is $1,300 less. And my local Polaris dealer is discounting them another $913 off of that ($8086 before tax, license, and any add-ons). There is also the base Indy which I think would compete more with an MXZ sport (except a lot more power).

But I still have my 2009 GSX which will continue on as second/wife sled.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Post up some pics!! I will be putting some money down on a sled this week. Either an 2013 Indy SP, 2012 TNT E-Tec 600 or 2013 MXZ Sport 600. I just cannot decide on which one though. Help...lol.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i ride a Sportsman , but doo for sleds . sportman number one selling atv, and mxz number one selling sled. PoPo sled no thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
quick get your money back

·
Registered
793 Posts
i ride a Sportsman , but doo for sleds . sportman number one selling atv, and mxz number one selling sled. PoPo sled no thanks
X2

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've been pricing sleds and the Indy 600 (base) is $1400 more than a MXZ 600 Sport here in Canada.
$9000 vs $7600. That's alot of coin. The MXZ Sport is the best bang for the buck in the snowmobiling right now. I really would like an Indy, but not at that price. They need to cut $1500 off the price to compete.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I like the new Indy 600, clutch it and put a 1.25 track and it should surprise some people. Good buy for the money...

·
Registered
918 Posts
I rode the 2012 rush pro r it was sweet felt like a toy not as solid as doo. Don't know about Indy I like the walker Evans shocks if it comes with them. The sled I rode felt nimble but a little unstable compared to the doo. Never rode either one with stock suspension either. The sno pro with ohlins was the best ride of anything I've ridden in the big whoops

·
Registered
212 Posts
I disagree about Cat. They may have sold a pile of sleds last year but a pile of that money they made is being spent on fixing and adding a years warranty to sleds that should have never went to market. I was in a Doo/Cat dealer recently and they said Doo was the deal and Cat is a disaster. They have to repair via recall 46 Cats by November and the parts are on backorder. They said they had a pile of Cat guys walking back thru their door "edit for bad language" that there $12,000.00+ sleds break down constantly. Personally I would buy a Poo was before a Cat.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Really......which one? Seems like Cat is dooing a better job of catching up. The only reason Polaris brought back the Indy. Is lack of sales.Their new sweet suspension didn't go to market as well as they would have liked. I'm not saying it don't work. I'm saying, their losing market share.....
I dunno how it is where you are but around my area the polaris pro ride sleds have sold nearly as much as doos for both trail and off trail models. Also the last reported sales figures for sleds polaris was in the number two spot, up from number three which now cat holds. Cats are crap and always will be.

As for the best value sled, your 100% right. The skidoo 600carb sport is by far a better sled and better value then any other. We bought a tnt 600carbed last season for that very reason.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Doodown87,
I snowmobile in the very heart of snowmobiling. Northwoods, Wi. And U.P. Michigan. The most popular area snowmobiling has to offer...........
Well i guess its just around here in ny. Used to be the polaris dealers had sleds leftover by truck load, last few years they are all doing good and i see more and more on the trails that i never saw before. I even know a few diehard doo guys on here who have ordered pro ride assaults this year. Doesnt mean i think they are anywhere near doo though, dont take me wrong, just what i see around me I dont think they are better then, nor do i think they will ever be #1 again. But they are sure charging towards it more then before.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Let me
I disagree about Cat. They may have sold a pile of sleds last year but a pile of that money they made is being spent on fixing and adding a years warranty to sleds that should have never went to market. I was in a Doo/Cat dealer recently and they said Doo was the deal and Cat is a disaster. They have to repair via recall 46 Cats by November and the parts are on backorder. They said they had a pile of Cat guys walking back thru their door "edit for bad language" that there $12,000.00+ sleds break down constantly. Personally I would buy a Poo was before a Cat.
Mine opinion was solely based on ripping down the trail how the sled handled not on durability. As for the rush it felt less rigid for some reason I only rode it 75 to 100 miles on the big lake trail in ak. The doo is more of what I'm used to since every mountain except one I've owned has been a doo. The cat takes a lot of work to Dial and has issues the old f-6 was the most bullet proof sled for a long time iron dog proven. The sno pro is the least reliable but most fun to ride IMO of the 600s I also only rode with tricked out ohlins on it. The doo I rode was a stock xrs. The rush had tricked out walkers on it when I rode it but set up for 25lbs under my weight for a xcountry racer.. If I had to choose between the 3 to buy I would go for the doo mainly for proven design and e- tec. Rush a close second if you have lots of funds and a great mechanic the cat is super fast and fun.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Let me
Mine opinion was solely based on ripping down the trail how the sled handled not on durability. As for the rush it felt less rigid for some reason I only rode it 75 to 100 miles on the big lake trail in ak. The doo is more of what I'm used to since every mountain except one I've owned has been a doo. The cat takes a lot of work to Dial and has issues the old f-6 was the most bullet proof sled for a long time iron dog proven. The sno pro is the least reliable but most fun to ride IMO of the 600s I also only rode with tricked out ohlins on it. The doo I rode was a stock xrs. The rush had tricked out walkers on it when I rode it but set up for 25lbs under my weight for a xcountry racer.. If I had to choose between the 3 to buy I would go for the doo mainly for proven design and e- tec. Rush a close second if you have lots of funds and a great mechanic the cat is super fast and fun.
lol!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ok let me stir the pot. i love SkiDoo - one of the best riding sleds out there. Their engines and mechanical parts has their issues and breakdowns. I think the Polaris is 2nd closest and in some reviews (- although you can't trust them because they can be biased) the rush has passed it. Now i'm talking engines only Yamaha makes the best and i'm talking for the jetskis and motorcycles etc - the engines last for ever. their sled set ups and weight etc for Yamaha is a whole other story. i love my skidoo and the way skidoos ride i just wish they were more dependable.

·
IKnowNothing
1,238 Posts
I'm pretty sure yammy's sport bike motors are always the most powerful, but I'm an avid MX racer and as far as i'm concerned yamaha's taken a step in the wrong direction. Their 450 is junk, and their 250 IS the most reliable BUT that comes at a big cost- ITs the least powerful motor year after year. Everybody wants performance with reliability, but at a certain point they no longer go hand in hand.

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
If a centrifugal clutch could be designed that could handle the rpms of a Yamaha 4 cyl R1 motor, like is in the apex, they would have the baddest muscle sled around. They have a gear reduction on the PTO end of the crank to slow the clutch, and the motor is detuned. Apex's are around 150-155 horse, while the same motor in an R1 turning more rpms is around 180-185. And that's bone stock N/A.

·
XPert ss builder
7,272 Posts
I'm pretty sure yammy's sport bike motors are always the most powerful, but I'm an avid MX racer and as far as i'm concerned yamaha's taken a step in the wrong direction. Their 450 is junk, and their 250 IS the most reliable BUT that comes at a big cost- ITs the least powerful motor year after year. Everybody wants performance with reliability, but at a certain point they no longer go hand in hand.
Im pretty sure your wrong, Kawi ZX10's made 195hp box stock...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts