Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am buying it, but noticed before every lug theres threads along the bottom, is this normal? was not supposed to be many miles on it

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks to me like each lug is starting to tear at the base. Most likely somebody rode way to fast on hard pack with it. I wouldn’t touch it, it’s gonna throw lugs fairly soon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't think all the lugs would uniformly bend to make that line. Compare it to all the other lugs as they may all be the same thing. Unwind it. It maybe only those couple that are showing.

I personally would use it. I've had a track with 3" chunk taken out on the side. Half the paddles missing also. Ran it for a season.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Hard to say without a better look, but very common on the newer tracks to see the threads across the bottom, tracks are made pretty thin and not a lot of rubber there. However, unroll it and check every inch for any major damage.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Unless it was super cheap, no way I'd waste the money and effort ti install it

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Nope I'd stay away. Looks like It's starting to delaminate, as stated above probably ridden at length/high speed on hard pack and heated it up.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
x2 on nope! I don't like the threads at the base of the lugs. It looks to be only on the front of the lug as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts