Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
zachv17 said:
its soo close that the shock protectors i had on were rubbing on the arm and put holes in them, i looked VERY carefully and nothing is bent or twisted anywhere, it was like this when i bought it
[snapback]260832[/snapback]​
grrr i gotta try and load the pic first
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
Zach pull the exhaust pipe and look closley in side the nun area
also look at the lower a-arm mounting area just behind the where the mount is welded.
on edit have you had the sled up on a lift ? look for worn a-arm bushings also!
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
GSX800HO said:
Zach pull the exhaust pipe and look closley in side the nun area
also look at the lower a-arm mounting area just behind the where the mount is welded.
on edit have you had the sled up on a lift ? look for worn a-arm bushings also!
Rich
[snapback]260879[/snapback]​
no i havnt had it up on a lift yet, its on the right side while facing the front of the sled, the sled drives straight,steers fine rides perfect, and skis are straight as an arrow. do i still have to pull the exhaust to see it on that side? o yah i did check the weld behind the A-arm mounting and thats perfect looks just like the other side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
captdoo said:
something is bent look close...
[snapback]260925[/snapback]​
lol i have looked VERY VERY close, and so did a few mechanics and we found nothing at all that even has a scracth on it,no kinks,bends anything. i have seen some rev's that have the spring really close but not quite that close, i know the 03's were really close and the springs actually rattled on the arms

its not really as close as it looks in the pic its not quite touching the arm, but in that pic it looks like it is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
the nun is bent. look closely behind the clutch you will see the damage.
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
I would pull the exhaust !!!!!!!!!!! something is not right !
Rich
 

·
Registered
2014 Summit X 154" 800 etec
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
zachv17 said:
captdoo said:
something is bent look close...
[snapback]260925[/snapback]​
lol i have looked VERY VERY close, and so did a few mechanics and we found nothing at all that even has a scracth on it,no kinks,bends anything. i have seen some rev's that have the spring really close but not quite that close, i know the 03's were really close and the springs actually rattled on the arms

its not really as close as it looks in the pic its not quite touching the arm, but in that pic it looks like it is
[snapback]260932[/snapback]​
Yes....something is tweaked. You should take the advice and pull the exhaust and look close. Also...take a look at the upper crossmember and see if it is tweaked at all. look really close at the piece of aluminum that ties the shock mounts together to see if it is perfectly straight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason Blier said:
zachv17 said:
captdoo said:
something is bent look close...
[snapback]260925[/snapback]​
lol i have looked VERY VERY close, and so did a few mechanics and we found nothing at all that even has a scracth on it,no kinks,bends anything. i have seen some rev's that have the spring really close but not quite that close, i know the 03's were really close and the springs actually rattled on the arms

its not really as close as it looks in the pic its not quite touching the arm, but in that pic it looks like it is
[snapback]260932[/snapback]​
Yes....something is tweaked. You should take the advice and pull the exhaust and look close. Also...take a look at the upper crossmember and see if it is tweaked at all. look really close at the piece of aluminum that ties the shock mounts together to see if it is perfectly straight.
[snapback]260955[/snapback]​
the exhaust is on the opposite side that the shock is on, do i still need to pull it? im new to ski doo, use to working on cats.. where exactly is the NUN im looking for?
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
I'm sorry the exhaust pipe ! that hides all the steering and the nun and braces.
Rich

out oh a cat guy working on a Doo !!!!!!!!!!! no just kiding !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
out oh a cat guy working on a Doo !!!!!!!!!!! no just kiding !
[snapback]260986[/snapback]​
[/quote]

haha i agree on my cats it was only the engine i was ALWAYS working on never the frame or anything so this is totaly different to me. lol should the nun be all flat no spots that are raised up or anything? because the only part that i see raised is where it goes over top of the middle cross member support thats the steering is connected to looks the exact same on both sides
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
Hey guys we got any damage pic's for him!?

Zach there are posts here about damage , maybe do a search
I'll see if I can find some for you

Rich
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
most likely turning radius! and your pride !
The guy problably hooked a tree or rock on that side .
ride it and fix it in the summer maybe ,just be sure you don't have any cracked a-arm bolts that could break going fast that could be serious problem for you or someone else on the trail.look it over very good now that you know something happen to it.
Rich
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
yup ,I'd still look under exhaust real good as you can see by renegades pics he didn't notice till he removed his pipe.

Rich
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top