Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
depends. I think that ss has better low end snap but the HO has longer legs. If you were to race 600 feet I say the HO, racing a shorter distance the ss.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This topic has been discussed at length here. I ride an SS. I absolutely love the sled, power, comfort etc... I have never raced an HO, but I have raced an MXZ 700 & won. Many say there is no difference between the SS & HO until about 80MPH then the HO will start to pull away, stock for stock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Adirondack said:
depends. I think that ss has better low end snap but the HO has longer legs. If you were to race 600 feet I say the HO, racing a shorter distance the ss.
[snapback]286503[/snapback]​
Correct me if I am wrong but the 600ho is the same engine as the 500ss on the bottom end! So why would the ss have more bottom end?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have race 600HO's many times and I have beat them over and over in a 600ft to 1000ft runs. The 500ss has better stock clutching and hookup. The 600HO will get me after 80 - 85mph but by then its over.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you beat a 700 with an 500SS then either that was a dog of a 700 or there was a large differance in rider weight, traction, the guy on the 700 was out for a ride and did not know he was in a race or something else was different between the two sleds in stock form. I have an both 02 700MXZ, and an 04 500ss, and have been up against many 600's HO's SDI's you name it, with both the 700 & the SS. The 700 wins any race past 80MPH with any of the stock 600's - up to that point it is up to whoever gets the punch. The 500 SS is really strong and bang for the buck you can not beat it today, but- the 700 and the 600HO will beat it 9 x out of 10. All things being equal CC's win on the big end every time always was always will be (and yes I know the 500SS is really a 600) from what I have found the HO has the mid range on the old 600 no two ways about it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
chynax said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the 600ho is the same engine as the 500ss on the bottom end! So why would the ss have more bottom end?
[snapback]286537[/snapback]​
The SS has shorter stroke, quicker revs

The HO has longer stroke, it will produce more power in mid to top end

As for a 500ss beating a 700, something is seriously wrong with the 700.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know what may have been wrong with his 700, but he couldn't catch me & we were running flat out, WFO. My speedo said 107mph on the digi readout. He was none to happy when we got to the end of the lake. He is a riding buddy & yes we were comparing top speed-racing. I've never been impressed with the case reed 700. But I also am a die hard 670 guy. That motor rocks.
JOE

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
jscott said:
I don't know what may have been wrong with his 700, but he couldn't catch me & we were running flat out, WFO. My speedo said 107mph on the digi readout. He was none to happy when we got to the end of the lake. He is a riding buddy & yes we were comparing top speed-racing. I've never been impressed with the case reed 700. But I also am a die hard 670 guy. That motor rocks.
JOE
[snapback]287764[/snapback]​
these 105+ mph threads on 600h.o's and 500ss's are REALLY getting old.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok! Who will win? 2 *****'s leaving from NYC or 2 **** leaving from San Francisco racing excatly 1/2 way across the country???

The 2 *****'s will be there lickety split while the **** are still home packing there Sh!+

Sorry. These "Who will Win" post are so stupid I couldn't help it

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
fxdwg said:
Next thing we are gonna hear is that an 440 smoked a new Mach Z.
[snapback]287788[/snapback]​
for real. I didn't realize after being out of high school for over 10 years now that they let kids play on the internet during class.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
fxdwg said:
Next thing we are gonna hear is that an 440 smoked a new Mach Z.
[snapback]287788[/snapback]​
A 380 fan with chrome rings will beat an f7.
If you don't believe me ask BJ.

Wanna win get this!

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
My old Rupp with a Kohler 1 lunger would do 180 mph, then I had to let off because my jacket got tore off by the wind.

These threads are funny..........

my dog vs your hamster....who will win ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts