Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a cradle and pulley system to hang my sled to make some room in the garage. I'm looking for some ideas I'm sure it's been done with and without fail. Any cool ideas or build pics would be great.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
500#s hanging from the ceiling is a lot of weight. The trusses have to be designed for it, etc.

I'd be worried about walking under it, around it, parking a car under it...

Get a shelf setup. You can google search pics of them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you have the room, build a pallet and stack it on racking. That is what I am going to do this spring. Actually contemplating putting one on the top and another on the bottom. But then again, guess I am assuming you have a forklift or tractor?

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
As said earlier.....I would not hang it. I'm building a shelf for the sled in the barn and going swap places with the quad on off seasons. Summer...sled on top, quad underneath. Vise versa in winter.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Don't hang it unless you can figure out the extra stresses the framing will have to handle. Had a buddy do it and it stayed up for two days. He thought he had it licked, he did do some "beefing up" as he put it. We told him we didn't think it would hold--sight unseen. One afternoon it fell and trashed his sled. The worst part was the kids were in the garage playing when it fell. Thank God they weren't hurt.

Just be careful and if your not sure find somebody who knows. My .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts