Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed a lot of accomplished riders on what appear to be standard sp summits. If you aren't jumping, is the x package worth the extra $? (Looking to upgrade next year to a 13 xm 146).

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
The none X shocks are garbage for aggressive riding. Generally won't last a season with out having a dead spot in them. X package are a nice up grade. As well as the gauge. The large digital tach and speedo display is key for myself.

I find the X package is a real easy sell when you want to update. Hard to find an X package sled and when you do...you get premium dollars for it i find. Good Luck in your choice.

Reactions: Idahodoo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only difference between the x and sp is the shocks which are lighter and the handlebars
Gauages are the exact same resale value doesn't really change anymore either

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same reason I pay an extra 7 g for a king ranch

It's nicer, I like it more, and I don't mind paying a premium for something a step up

This year I would definally get the X. The running boards alone are worth the extra 500. I change out shocks so I don't even care about those

And resale, some ppl on here will tell you it's not worth it but they are wrong, my king ranch trucks and X model sleds always sell on kijijji faster then the 10 sp or lariat models that have been on there for weeks. They won't fetch you any more money at resale but it will be the first sled to sell

Do you really need an X model? No not really. But I am ordering one

·
Registered
82 Posts
Trippy have you seen or stood on the new boards on the X?
If you hate the normal weak summit boards that never clear snow properly then these boards are worth the 500

·
Registered
520 Posts
The OP is asking about MY13 sleds, not 17. Gauges are the same, only differences are bars (13 sp bats were known to break) and shocks which I'm betting they would need new ones by now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
If I was ordering a 850 if get the x for the boards mainly. For the xms I would care which one really, probably buy a sp and upgrade shocks. I'd have to have the multifunction gauges though.

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,565 Posts
Trippy have you seen or stood on the new boards on the X?
If you hate the normal weak summit boards that never clear snow properly then these boards are worth the 500
Those new boards are no better than the last ones. They will bend... I don't care what bracing they have... They will bend. Doo has never made a sled that it doesn't happen to.

The fact that everyone that want strong boards and wants to keep the snow out goes to an aftermarket tube style board.

Not everyone wants to cut up a sled, but for functionality and strength, Id take a saw to mine any day of the week

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
The G4 I saw was an X. They said it had a over a thousand kms on it.

Amazingly the boards weren't bent. Everything bends at some point but I wouldn't be concerned with the X boards based on initial observations.

And back to the OP. I didn't see initially it was in regards to a 13. I saw upgrade. Figured it was for a better sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
I have a 13 XM 163 X , all my sleds have been Xs 04 - 08 - 13 & next season 17 black 165 X 3" Tuff to break the habbit but the Xs usually are mostly black :dance:

That being said there was killer 2016 163 T3 deals not that long ago, One Guy I know got one for under 10 grand with 5 year warranty, 5 year 0% financing. Put a wrap on ride the "edit for bad language" out of it then upgrade to shocks, vents, skis, boom baby no one will know if it a X or SP other than the stickers if there still visible.

If I could resist not snow checking one I might even look into a 2017 SP Gen4 850 next fall, I never leave any thing stock anyhow but from what I seen there wont be a black SP so I would have to get a full Blue On black wrap :rockindude: Just lunch time ramblings :Cheers

Hi Ho Hi HO Back to work I Go.

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
If I could resist not snow checking one (especially after tomorrow) I might even look into a 2017 SP Gen4 850 next fall, I never leave any thing stock anyhow but from what I seen there wont be a black SP so I would have to get a full Blue On black wrap :rockindude: Just lunch time ramblings :Cheers

Hi Ho Hi HO Back to work I Go.
I keep thinking the same thing, except I would order the X hood, then you'd have a mostly black SP!

But then I remind myself the difference is only $500 and the upgrades in running boards are probably worth the price difference in itself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think that there are enough differences between the 2009 XP (his sled(?)) and an XM features (enhancements) that it would be a good upgrade, more so if the XM is an Etec. I have an XP and XM (both Etec) and I noticed enough difference to add/change things (Tmo, seat, skis) on the XP.

Also, understanding the great deals for new '16's, etc., a 13 XM should be a more reasonably priced upgrade.

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
I keep thinking the same thing, except I would order the X hood, then you'd have a mostly black SP!

But then I remind myself the difference is only $500 and the upgrades in running boards are probably worth the price difference in itself.
That's very true the running boards are that much.

2017 SP

• + Running Boards Extra cost + install time
  • + Black Hood Extra cost

2017 X model

• Rebuild-able X Shocks
  • No Hood Needed

Get your Wife involved and you get neither :rofl

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
That's very true the running boards are that much.

2017 SP

• + Running Boards Extra cost + install time
  • + Black Hood Extra cost

2017 X model

• Rebuild-able X Shocks
  • No Hood Needed

Get your Wife involved and you get neither :rofl
:rofl I wish I could like this post more than once!!!!!!!!!

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
I was between an SP and an X, and I went with the X.

I haven't run stock suspension since my 06 renegade, and I don't plan on it anytime soon. So I should get a little more $ for a brand new x t-mo skid and x front shocks.

These boards look pretty neat, so I won't have to spend $500 on aftermarket boards

My current Summit is an SP, but has the premium gauge, and stainless brake line, EZRyde skid and EZRyde front shocks.

I would never ride an SP with stock suspension.

Reactions: wyorever
1 - 19 of 19 Posts