Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Snowtard
Joined
·
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine confessed to me that he is spending $50 a day on scratch-off tickets here in NY. I almost fainted. I am proud to say I spend NO MONEY a year on lottery tickets of any kind, just dont play.
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
x_posts
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew
 

·
planes take off against the wind
Joined
·
x_posts
andybob600 said:
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew

[snapback]817754[/snapback]​
call me in 20 years and let me know how you make out there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
I usually buy a mega millions ticket, but that's about it. I usually lose a dollar, but if you don't spend the buck you have no chance. I went to school for math so I do understand the odds, but someone's got to win it. My biggest fear is that I will hit and lose the ticket, I think there's one in my truck somewhere that I haven't checked... I have a pact with some of my friends who play, if any of us hits big we pay off everyone's house. It's only a buck, that's like 1/3 of a gallon of diesel, or about 5 miles.
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
x_posts
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew

[snapback]817754[/snapback]​
call me in 20 years and let me know how you make out there...
[snapback]817773[/snapback]​
hey zdooman, i will, i plan to work hard at life and earn a great living, hard work will make you prosper.

Andrew
 
  • Like
Reactions: Z7*

·
planes take off against the wind
Joined
·
x_posts
andybob600 said:
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew

[snapback]817754[/snapback]​
call me in 20 years and let me know how you make out there...
[snapback]817773[/snapback]​
hey zdooman, i will, i plan to work hard at life and earn a great living, hard work will make you prosper.

Andrew

[snapback]817782[/snapback]​
Andy - there are millions of us that think that - and if it were that easy we all would be millionairs...

How about it:
Bammer, Customrev, Skidoosteve, Rampage, Mombo.... heck I could go for days... anyone else over 30...

No - 25 - you guys millionairs yet?

Dont get me wrong Andy - there is absolutely nothing wrong with working hard and earning a respectable wage for an honest days work. But please dont be so niave to think you will get rich and prosper.

then again - I have some property in Florida I could sell you....
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
x_posts
Hard Work + time + determination = Success. I am pretty sure what i want to do down the road and for now they make six figures after a few years of work....i hope i will be all set, it is finding the right girl i am worried about....all great things come with time, i will leave it at that, only time will tell.

Andrew
 

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
Joined
·
x_posts
I used to play KENO alot in michigan at stops after a ride or inbetween rides. I would win a good amount but recently this past winter i havent won jack and would loose 20 bucks each time we stopped so i quit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
The last time I was at the casino was about 3 years ago when we were riding from St. Ignace. I did pretty good on the quarter slots and won a big cup full of quarters. On the bus ride back to the hotel, I gave the bus driver a fist full of quarters and asked if he would do some brodies in the bus on the fresh snow in the parking lot. That was a good night of gambling, he got that bus spinning like a top.
 

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
Joined
·
x_posts
rampage said:
The last time I was at the casino was about 3 years ago when we were riding from St. Ignace. I did pretty good on the quarter slots and won a big cup full of quarters. On the bus ride back to the hotel, I gave the bus driver a fist full of quarters and asked if he would do some brodies in the bus on the fresh snow in the parking lot. That was a good night of gambling, he got that bus spinning like a top.
[snapback]817891[/snapback]​
nice i wouldve done it with out getting all the quarters
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
x_posts
Hah, work hard = get rich... Not a chance!!!


You either gotta wint he lottery or be anble to scream bloody murder into a mic and become a singer to get rich
 

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
Joined
·
x_posts
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew

[snapback]817754[/snapback]​
call me in 20 years and let me know how you make out there...
[snapback]817773[/snapback]​
hey zdooman, i will, i plan to work hard at life and earn a great living, hard work will make you prosper.

Andrew

[snapback]817782[/snapback]​
Andy - there are millions of us that think that - and if it were that easy we all would be millionairs...

How about it:
Bammer, Customrev, Skidoosteve, Rampage, Mombo.... heck I could go for days... anyone else over 30...

No - 25 - you guys millionairs yet?

Dont get me wrong Andy - there is absolutely nothing wrong with working hard and earning a respectable wage for an honest days work. But please dont be so niave to think you will get rich and prosper.

then again - I have some property in Florida I could sell you....
[snapback]817794[/snapback]​
I'm only about oh say a million shy of being a millionaire. Don't get me wrong you've got to work hard to prosper,survive is more like it,these days...Getting rich is outa the question!! I'm hoping to make it to retirement healthy and with enough saved up to not have to eat cat food and pay for any medication,snowmobiling doesn't help but I'll take that chance..


Keep your nose to the grindstone andy and shoot for your goals, I hope you obtain all that you want to...

Forget z's property,I've got a really nice bridge for sale..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
x_posts
even though im not supose to play i go out and buy a dollar scratch off every now and then, i won 20 bucks one time but other wise i just contribute to the edu. lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
Occasionally I will spend a dollar on powerball just to dream for the night about winning but in the past 4 years I have probably spent a total of $4, so that shows how often I play.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
rampage said:
I usually buy a mega millions ticket, but that's about it. I usually lose a dollar, but if you don't spend the buck you have no chance. I went to school for math so I do understand the odds, but someone's got to win it. My biggest fear is that I will hit and lose the ticket, I think there's one in my truck somewhere that I haven't checked... I have a pact with some of my friends who play, if any of us hits big we pay off everyone's house. It's only a buck, that's like 1/3 of a gallon of diesel, or about 5 miles.
[snapback]817780[/snapback]​
I was kinda like you Rampage. I never played because I never would check the #'s, or would lose the ticket. Then someone told me about the NY State Lotto subscription. You pay them up front for six months or a years worth of games. Select the #'s you want to play, and your in every draw. They send you a check when you hit. I'm in it with a friend. It cost us each just under $100 a year to be in every draw with four sets of #s. No forgetting to play your numbers, or check them, or fear of lost ticket. It was the only way for me to play. Probably been in it like this for over ten years. I sat down and figured odds once and figured we had a 50/50 chance of hitting something after three years, if I remember correctly. We've hit three or four times now, so it seems pretty accurate. Course our biggest check I think was for like $65, but hey, you gotta be in it to win it, mabe next time will be the big one
.
 

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
Joined
·
x_posts
I'm in a pool at work when powerball gets up over 50 million and thats about it..
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
x_posts
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
zdooman said:
andybob600 said:
Screw that, it aint worth it in my mind, the lottery is just hope, i would rather become a millionaire doing what i love to do and hard work. thats how i roll. i would rather work for money, its just the way i have been brought up.

Andrew

[snapback]817754[/snapback]​
call me in 20 years and let me know how you make out there...
[snapback]817773[/snapback]​
hey zdooman, i will, i plan to work hard at life and earn a great living, hard work will make you prosper.

Andrew

[snapback]817782[/snapback]​
Andy - there are millions of us that think that - and if it were that easy we all would be millionairs...

How about it:
Bammer, Customrev, Skidoosteve, Rampage, Mombo.... heck I could go for days... anyone else over 30...

No - 25 - you guys millionairs yet?

Dont get me wrong Andy - there is absolutely nothing wrong with working hard and earning a respectable wage for an honest days work. But please dont be so niave to think you will get rich and prosper.

then again - I have some property in Florida I could sell you....
[snapback]817794[/snapback]​
Wow are you pessimistic or what? If you don't work you sure as hell won't get rich. While being far from rich (what exactly is "rich" anyways? Anything over $85,000 combined household income according to the Democrats) we are semi-comfortable, as I'm sure a lot of people on here are.

Work hard, make good decisions, think before you spend your money, make good decisions, budget, don't over-spend, make good decisions, research before spending any large amount, invest, and lastly, make good decisions. Did I mention it really helps to make good decisions?

Andybob, keep it up, you'll be fine.

As for the lottery, I spend about $10.00 a year on it personally; however we do give lottery tickets from a gift quite often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
I play keno and that's about it, but here's the deal. I usually only play when I go to the local bar for lunch or we go out in the evening which is very rare. I would say maybe once or twice a week on average. A few times I've walked in and played my numbers and walk right out before they do that game. Anyways I walk in, already have my numbers picked as I play the same ones. I do 2 numbers, with a kicker, $2 wager for 3 times. That's it, I'm done win or lose. Usually only win $22 or $44 at a time, sometimes I have won higher. I've also lost, but on average, I'm ahead of the game. I'm not getting rich but at least it's paying for my lunches and dinners.
 
G

·
Never gambled in my life,Never bought a lotto ticket.Never been near a VLT.I was born into a working class family and that`s the way I will stay!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
x_posts
I never bought a lotto ticket in my life, I'm a bit into stocks though, a lot better odds to make money and you control it. I started in November, put most of my loose savings into a couple companies and quadrupled my money already. Waiting for some news at the end of the month, I might make more than 30 X what I put in, sure beats RRSP's... Let's face it, it's with money that you make money, that's why the rich stay rich and poor stay poor, following the money is the secret.
 
x_y_of_z_posts
Top