Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding last weekend in North Bay, Ontario. We were on a main trail which was a little rough but I've been on much worse. The engine temp alarm went off so I shut it down. Checked the coolant and it was empty. Since I was always loosing some coolant from somewhere I didn't bother looking into where it might be leaking. Brought the sled to the dealer and have been informed that the front heat exchanger is ripped open. I was very surprised because I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. The dealer tells me I need a new frame and over 40 hours of labor to put it back together. $14000.00 for a new Mach and another $5000.00 to fix something I believe to be a design flaw. The 5 other sleds had no problems handling these bumps. A skid plate would probably have prevented this but its been on back order for 3 weeks. I've spent $40,000.00 on BRP products over the past two and a half seasons and its been nothing but problems. I think its time to say [email protected]#$ [email protected]# BRP. 05 Mach Z for sale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
pgw said:
Went riding last weekend in North Bay, Ontario. We were on a main trail which was a little rough but I've been on much worse. The engine temp alarm went off so I shut it down. Checked the coolant and it was empty. Since I was always loosing some coolant from somewhere I didn't bother looking into where it might be leaking. Brought the sled to the dealer and have been informed that the front heat exchanger is ripped open. I was very surprised because I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. The dealer tells me I need a new frame and over 40 hours of labor to put it back together. $14000.00 for a new Mach and another $5000.00 to fix something I believe to be a design flaw. The 5 other sleds had no problems handling these bumps. A skid plate would probably have prevented this but its been on back order for 3 weeks. I've spent $40,000.00 on BRP products over the past two and a half seasons and its been nothing but problems. I think its time to say [email protected]#$ [email protected]# BRP. 05 Mach Z for sale.
[snapback]272843[/snapback]​
fill the hole in the heat exchanger with devcon it is a steel apoxy. My budy did it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had ranover something oneday, didn't feel like much, my steering ended up freezing, then I looked underneath and the nosecone had a hole punched through it, ended up replacing it and putting a skid plate on after, I advise the first thing a person should do is put a skidplate on because there's no protection there for the front end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
claim it on your insurance. is your fram damaged???? say new frame? bent, twisted ???

that is BS I would be some BS'd if i spent that kinda money on that sled

·
Registered
137 Posts
hit a rock,not a big rock,( baseball size) when ramping in the fields on sat tore open the heat exchanger under the skid plate,sled bottomed out ,with the snow on the east coast i'm sure this is going to be a problem, time will tell.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pay close attention to the chain case also. Not much protection from belly pan, cracked my cover after lightly bottoming out front of sled, I will be beefing belly of my mach up under chain case and maybe a piece of .180 diamond plate under front heat exchanger, before installing skid plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts