Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Doodoctor here, Not many times I get real mad. Here's one

Some kid selling parts out of his garage not knowing his head from a hole in the ground sold us a crap stator, you could see the wires broken.
I put it back in his box and sent it back.. now he's telling me I switched stators and trying to screw him.

Here's his email .. [email protected]

5% off ( all this month) any of our products to anyone that sends him an email to let him know the doodoctor has never screwed anyone.

Mods.. I hope you are not mad about this...

Benny's motorsports salvage STAY AWAY!!

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,665 Posts
Only takes one.....

-Grover

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
And that there folks is why evryone is so cautious now-a-days. Scumbag is first thing that comes to mind. DD, hope everything works out for ya!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
DD, did you use PayPal? If so, you can contact them and explain what happened. I had something similar go down and was able to get my money refunded.

For all of you selling parts on the internet BE HONEST. How would you like to be one the end of a bad transaction? I work hard for my money and I sure as heck aren't giving it to you for a useless part.
To all the folks doing it the honest thing while selling items to others

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I buy and sell parts on here, and that was one thing I was nervous about at first; bad transactions! Over the years I have become more comfortable because MOST people are honest here, and so I am. Sucks that there is someone on this site that will do that!

Why screw over someone who shares the same passion, or anyone for that matter!

Doo02

·
Registered
303 Posts
The beauty of the internet. You get to ruin someone's business in one fell swoop over one part, one transaction by one person who may or may not even be the owner, let alone anyone who cares about the business you're attempting to ruin. I'm not saying you didn't get screwed but demanding a witch hunt over it and running their name through the mud is sad.

They've got a Positive Feedback of 99.8% on Ebay. You apparently experienced the 1.2% that don't like them. Instead of this, I would try to contact the owner and tell him what happened. Could be a rogue employee who just doesn't care and was having a bad day is going to cost the owner a lot of business now.

These threads get indexed by google and anyone searching for his company now will see it. The only reason I'm even posting this is I've been on the receiving end of a post like this before and it was very stressful for me, as the business owner, to deal with.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I ordered motorcycle parts from a salvage yard in Vegas using ebay, and there were missing parts and minor damages on some of them. Place had excellent feedback, 99.8% as well. Tried everything I could to resolve it without filing a dispute, but sometimes you have no choice. Phone calls, emails, tons of them, and not a single response after several weeks ! I ended up getting my parts after I filed the dispute, but he left feedback on my profile that made ME look like I was "the worst person he ever had to deal with". So as you can see, sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice in these kinds of situations.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The internet is such a crap shoot. I always check the Better Business Bureau if it is a business that I do not recognize. It has saved me a couple of times. I have also used it to report problems, as the BBB follows up on all complaints and lists the results of their investigation. If they are not listed, I usually do not bother, as I have been burned too many times. You can always get your money back from your credit card issuer, but it is lost time.

·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
sound like a true goof to me,,,,ill e-mail him a good one lol

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
The beauty of the internet. You get to ruin someone's business in one fell swoop over one part, one transaction by one person who may or may not even be the owner, let alone anyone who cares about the business you're attempting to ruin. I'm not saying you didn't get screwed but demanding a witch hunt over it and running their name through the mud is sad.

They've got a Positive Feedback of 99.8% on Ebay. You apparently experienced the 1.2% that don't like them. Instead of this, I would try to contact the owner and tell him what happened. Could be a rogue employee who just doesn't care and was having a bad day is going to cost the owner a lot of business now.

These threads get indexed by google and anyone searching for his company now will see it. The only reason I'm even posting this is I've been on the receiving end of a post like this before and it was very stressful for me, as the business owner, to deal with.

I must be missing something....where did DooDr say anything about buying it on eBay?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

101% huh?

The flip side to your argument and the beauty of the internet is that he can post this on here and maybe get some traction with his gripe with this company. Nobody likes to be screwed over and when you buy a used part you are looking to save a few dollars not buy something that is equally as broken.

DD.....did the place have a return policy on electrical items? I know many places including my local parts dealer that won't take back anything electrical once you walk out with it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
yah i dont see anything about paypal or ebay
It was on ebay.. I emailed him and he wanted to pull it off ebay and send me a paypal invoice.
I did pay him on paypal( by the way I filed a claim ) His responce was I switched parts and kept the good one and was trying to screw him.. Anyone that's ever been to our shop knows I'd give a part away to someone down and out .. We are talking about a 1995 500sl stator.

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
It was on ebay.. I emailed him and he wanted to pull it off ebay and send me a paypal invoice.
I did pay him on paypal( by the way I filed a claim ) His responce was I switched parts and kept the good one and was trying to screw him.. Anyone that's ever been to our shop knows I'd give a part away to someone down and out .. We are talking about a 1995 500sl stator.
Ive been down this road before. I'm on your side because i know how this goes, very frustrating

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sometimes I wonder about this 99.8% feedback thing. Is it possible to get to this percentage with only a few people that has given feedback, lets say 5 people?????

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sometimes I wonder about this 99.8% feedback thing. Is it possible to get to this percentage with only a few people that has given feedback, lets say 5 people?????
Yes this can happen. If I sold you something and you gave me 100% feedback and you were the only one to give feedback then I'd be at 100%. With that being said, if someone didn't like me and gave me a low feedback like 0% then 2 feedbacks (100% and 0%) would be a total feedback of 50%.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
To add to this as well, a lot of Ebay sellers, make the feedback selection to their advantage. There has been a few transactions, that my Ebay items, haven't been exactly as described, shown etc. I then tried to set the feedback to a little less positive, but that option couldn't be done. So I had to set the feedback at the sellers settings minimum. Which in turn has the buyer no other choice but to make their feedback, a positive one. = Disgusting

@ DD, feel for you man. Because I've made a transaction on Kijiji, and I got screwed on a $700 digital camera. Lucky for me, that person got nabbed by the police, only because he was deliberately screwing over all buyers. If it wasn't for the police nabbing him and checking his computer records thoroughly, he could of been still at it, without legal actions taken. If taken, it would ofb een a civil lawsuit, which is expensive and longing. = Waste of time and more money. Anyway, this punk is now going to the courts for multiple charges of fraud and theft into the thousands of dollars.

I'm not saying this guys of this original treads story is the same, or anywhere near, but in general, there are people out there that will take advantage of the buyer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
A happy customer tells his friends. A PO'd customer tells the whole World! As far as I am concerned I hope this gets crawled by every web bot out there because there are far too many screw ball businesses out there.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OOPS!! Just got off the phone with the . Wisconsin Department of Transportation,
This guy is a NON!! Licensed salvage dealer!!! Dealer complaint has been filed.. You can not sell salvage parts with out a salvage license in MI.or Wisconsin.. We have a class C salvage licence for MI.
Within a couple of weeks he will be tightened right up!!!
Now to call the township he lives in and check zoning..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts