Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please if anyone can let me know if I can just buy Boyesen reed petals along to replace stock petals and they will work on factory cage or do I have to buy Boyesen cage too?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can, that's why they sell the reed petals alone

I was thinking of doing this too...good post

Sn0w

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Sn0wking said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can, that's why they sell the reed petals alone

I was thinking of doing this too...good post

Sn0w
[snapback]275140[/snapback]​
You can use the stock cages, just unscrew the old ones, take the retainer out and put the new ones in

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
They fit right on, and are the best "bang-for-the-buck" .......Ask me abaout a little "mod" you ca do to your stock cage, when using boyseen petals, to make um run even BETTER!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
tweener said:
They fit right on, and are the best "bang-for-the-buck" .......Ask me abaout a little "mod" you ca do to your stock cage, when using boyseen petals, to make um run even BETTER!
[snapback]275186[/snapback]​
ASKING HERE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
On my 01 800, I pulled off the reed stop, put on Boyesson reeds and used the spacers to pull the cage away from the intake. Throttle response definately better. Good $ spent.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thumb2bar and others...thanks for the replies. One last question. How do you know if you need to rejet? Did you have to rejet your 01 800?

G

·
saltalarev said:
tweener said:
[snapback]275186[/snapback]​
ASKING HERE!!!!!!!!

[snapback]275253[/snapback]​
Same here

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I put in the 942 needles, dropped the mains two to 480swhile putting in the reeds. I ride at 1600-3000ft with dpm fyi. She runs well.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Try it first but in the Boyesson instruction thay may make engine rich but with DPM it might compensate but each sled is differant

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont have DPM. Just regular flat slide carbs.

I called the dealer today and they said they they recommend just replacing the whole setup with Vforce 3s because they have had a few 2002 sleds coming in this year with cracked boots.

Whats everyones thoughts on this? He told me I should check my boots for a crack first before ordering reeds. Says the crappy sounding idle could be caused by either...?

Now i just don't know what to do first.

·
Registered
193 Posts
sounds like your dealer is a V-Force reed dealer, I will say they do make the best reeds on the market. But in your case I would pull your air box and then check your boots for crackes. If they look good put in the boyesen reeds. If your boots were cracked you would be buying new pistons. On the oem boots spray with WD-40 a few times a year and they will keep soft and will not crack.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The cage mod is to cut out the little supports for a more un-restricted flow.
The Boysen's allow you to do this because the bottom petal is a one peice (with the holes cut out for the lighter top petal) and it will just bridge accross, you must leave the center support in each cage.
You can't run the stock 4-finger petals after this mod unless you get new cages.
There might be "reed stuffers" avail for that 700 too (not 100% sure) they will give you better/quicker response.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think on the 600ho you NEED a spacer to run the Boysen's. Reeds by them selves you should be able to dropthe mains one size. But, I think the spacer cancles that effect out.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
11c said:
The cage mod is to cut out the little supports for a more un-restricted flow.
The Boysen's allow you to do this because the bottom petal is a one peice (with the holes cut out for the lighter top petal) and it will just bridge accross, you must leave the center support in each cage.
You can't run the stock 4-finger petals after this mod unless you get new cages.
There might be "reed stuffers" avail for that 700 too (not 100% sure) they will give you better/quicker response.
[snapback]276414[/snapback]​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts