Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Look at helix in secondary, if it's a nice shiny smooth finish you likely have an aftermarket kit. If it has a dull casted finish it's likely stock
Well, not every clutch setup out there uses a aftermarket helix. Most have the same or very similar helix as stock just to add cost /margin to the transaction.

Worked with Sled Head Racing on a setup for my sled, had an aftermarket helix in the sled and he told me to go back to the stock helix and spring, sold me a primary spring, weights & his governor cup setup - could not be happier.

· Registered
2022 MXZ X 600R
2,917 Posts
Anyone able to know how to tell if you have a dj clutch kit installed or not? Bought an 872 that supposed to have a dj kit in it but not sure?
The helix will be engraved with something like Qrs- 11 or something similar, I don't know the actual part number.
This is one on my 600r.
Auto part Machine tool Rim Machine Automotive wheel system

· Registered
09 summit 872
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to joe sounds like I got Fooled it’s all stock stuff from a newer year sled. That’s what you get for not knowing your stuff. I know now!
thanks for the input guys.

· Registered
673 Posts
Talked to joe sounds like I got Fooled it’s all stock stuff from a newer year sled. That’s what you get for not knowing your stuff. I know now!
thanks for the input guys.
it could still have the springs and weights on the primary just might not have the helix, i generally dont trust many people when buying second hand, most are full of shyte and just trying to get the extra few bucks. unless i can physically see the mod, i'm assuming its not there

· Registered
09 summit 872
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya true story I just had no idea what joes kits consisted of. No big deal got it for a good price no harm done. Except now I need to fix it up and see what i can get out of the ol girl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts