Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried several places to get parts for 2005 GSX 550f. Most I can get, but some (secondary clutch washers that go beneath snap ring, secondary(R) cam sliders) don't seem to be readily available. Any ideas on sources ?

·
Registered
576 Posts
My dealer told me that the old inventory has been sold to somebody else and they mark the stuff way up. Can't rember who got the spares.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The dealer can order from Vintage Parts but they do not sell to the pubilic And the dealer was "edit for bad language"ing about the shipping costs and up charge.

The other option is Fullrttons out of canada 705-646-0051 guess they have good inventory.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I have tried several places to get parts for 2005 GSX 550f. Most I can get, but some (secondary clutch washers that go beneath snap ring, secondary(R) cam sliders) don't seem to be readily available. Any ideas on sources ?
Search the part numbers on eBay. That's where I've been buying some odd rev parts lately. The cam sliders are cheap via eBay as well.

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
No specific places in mind, but if you get part Ski-doo part numbers from fiche, type them into Google, and shop from there...it usually works out pretty good in my experience and I find stuff. Somebody has the stuff in stock...

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the front cam sliders on ebay, but no rears. I have googled the part numbers with some hits......unfortunately those hits proved to be dead ends too :dry_old:

Gonna check some of these other ideas, too.

Ima keep tryin'!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
You can't find parts for a 2005? Wow. Makes me nervous. How about Shade Tree Power-sports or Dennis Kirk?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you know of any threads showing the removal and maintenance procedure for these clutches. I have the tools to service XP model but have never taken these apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Already found em and on their way ;) Just by chance the first 3-4 suppliers I checked had em marked as discontinued :blink_old:

Got lucky on ebay for the secondary thrust washer under the c clip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts