Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Disconnected sway bar, didn't notice a diff

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  JZ1 
#1 ·
Anyone else disconnect their sway bar and not notice a difference, rode in powder and groomed trails today didn't notice a difference.

Guess I should have tried riding without sways connected before dropping $170 on quick connects

#2 ·
Always ask here first before spending money on things ! lol Its too easy to zip tie the say bar link up and try it out first . 170 bucks ??!! :eek:hmy_old:

Reactions: revegade84
#3 ·
Always ask here first before spending money on things ! lol Its too easy to zip tie the say bar link up and try it out first . 170 bucks ??!! :eek:hmy_old:
$80 per quick connect plus tax, all the reading I dud said you need to disconnect both sides.

I rode down the trail to the powder with sway bar connected, disconnected once powder was reached, on the way back to truck on trail I forgot to reconnect sway bar and never even noticed they were not connected.

I guess I should have disconnected the factory connection and tried it out before spending money on quick connects, live and learn. All the ready I did on disconnecting sway bar led me to believe that riding on a trail would be next to impossible, guess I bought them out of fear. I think I'll be removing the sway bar completely.

#5 ·
$80 per quick connect plus tax, all the reading I dud said you need to disconnect both sides.

I rode down the trail to the powder with sway bar connected, disconnected once powder was reached, on the way back to truck on trail I forgot to reconnect sway bar and never even noticed they were not connected.

I guess I should have disconnected the factory connection and tried it out before spending money on quick connects, live and learn. All the ready I did on disconnecting sway bar led me to believe that riding on a trail would be next to impossible, guess I bought them out of fear. I think I'll be removing the sway bar completely.
You only needed to disconnect one side. With one side unhooked that allows the still connected side to move freely

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
You only needed to disconnect one side. With one side unhooked that allows the still connected side to move freely
X2 on this. Sway bar works by tying one side to the other to share suspension capability. Connected gives more resistance by trying to push unweighted side up at same time increasing resistance on the weighted side to help level/control front end. Unhook one side and it's completely disconnected with the linkage just going through the motion on the connected side. The advice on 2 disconnects was not very accurate.

#17 ·
If you didnt take the preload off the front springs try it,this will make a difference if your springs are cranked down tight.
Right now my fronts are at 3.

I have not nailed down yet what suspension complement does or how adjusting one effects the other.

By taking preload of f front shocks I would set to 1 right and this would cause front skis to have less pressure on ground?

#20 ·
Right now my fronts are at 3.

I have not nailed down yet what suspension complement does or how adjusting one effects the other.

By taking preload of f front shocks I would set to 1 right and this would cause front skis to have less pressure on ground?
yep,loosen up the springs this will make it easier to lay the sled over.Set at three you are fighting spring pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.