Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just set tvo for cable up for motherinlaw took 3 hours to get past all the voice mail and crap to get it activated.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have DVR thru Dish Network. 1 word: AWESOME!

I don't now how I've gotten along with out it all these years. I use it just about everyday to record shows that otherwise I wouldnt have been able to watch. Plus, you can fast forward thru all the commercials so you can get about twice the amount of TV watching in 1/2 the time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just got tivo for myself. I have cable and love the tivo features! I haven't heard anyone who has tivo complain about it. It takes a little time to set it up but that goes for anything these days. Tivo is great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have DirecTV with TIVO and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a lot like the REV platform. Once you have it, you will never go back. I love that I can pause live TV, go take the dog out or whatever, and then come back and pick up where I left off...not to mention the fact that if I'm going to be gone, I can record any show that I want and watch it later. Ya gotta get it!!!!

·
E-Tec Rules
33,597 Posts
:checkerd

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've had directv tivo since it came out very awesome I love it!!! If you get you will say to yourself what was I waiting for....

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have dishnetwork and their DVR service. its great! if it werent for all the VHS movies people bought years ago it would make VCRs obsolete!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maddog9m said:
me too I've had tivo since I got busted by Dave and had to pay big bucs to be a free man. Now I love my Tivo and just wish I had all the ppv back cost me over 10g's and family was my lawyer
[snapback]283633[/snapback]​
WHO is dave

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was thinking about getting direct tv and thier dvr but I was told that you had to have a land line in order to use. Someone else told me that I can use the usb on the back of the dvr box and hook it up to my home network 802.11g. I called direct tv and the stupid girl who answer's the phone was like huh what is usb!!! Can anyone help me out. I don't want to get a land line becuase I am never home and that's why I want a dvr.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i have dishnetwork and dont need a landline or have to hook it up to home network. maybe they are just talking bout extra storage. my receiver comes with a HD that holds 100 hours of programing. and its only hooked up to the dish and the tv.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts