Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have been having troubles with my Digitron EGT/temp gauge powering down every couple of minutes, I called digitron and talked to a tech and he said that it needed to be powered up by a wire that goes to the stator, (I think he said white/green wire), and not the yellow/red wire from the gauge acc like I have it, now I only have the two wire harness (black/red) and not the three wire (black/red/orange). Question is where can I install the power feed to get power without shutdown, if I'm not tied in with the stator/tach wire? Or do I need the three wire harness? and does even that have to be tied to the stator/tach wire to operate properly and stay powered up?

Basically what I'm asking is anyone using this without tach function, if so where are you powering from?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have been having troubles with my Digitron EGT/temp gauge powering down every couple of minutes, I called digitron and talked to a tech and he said that it needed to be powered up by a wire that goes to the stator, (I think he said white/green wire), and not the yellow/red wire from the gauge acc like I have it, now I only have the two wire harness (black/red) and not the three wire (black/red/orange). Question is where can I install the power feed to get power without shutdown, if I'm not tied in with the stator/tach wire? Or do I need the three wire harness? and does even that have to be tied to the stator/tach wire to operate properly and stay powered up?

Basically what I'm asking is anyone using this without tach function, if so where are you powering from?
I have one on my 04 rev summit and I wired it up to the accessory wires for the factory fuel gauge (same as your's with the 2 wire harness) I think the 3 wire harness is if you want to be able to read rpms, It's been like that since 2012 and never had a problem I also have a digital temp gauge wired to the factory temp gauge accessory wires on the other side of the dash and never had an issue with that either. Could be a bad connection in the accessory wiring itself or a faulty gauge.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on my 04 rev summit and I wired it up to the accessory wires for the factory fuel gauge (same as your's with the 2 wire harness) I think the 3 wire harness is if you want to be able to read rpms, It's been like that since 2012 and never had a problem I also have a digital temp gauge wired to the factory temp gauge accessory wires on the other side of the dash and never had an issue with that either. Could be a bad connection in the accessory wiring itself or a faulty gauge.
Ok thanks, there's something else going on then because that's exactly how mine is wired

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So on the fuel gauge and temp gauge accessory plug Which wire are you powered into the red/yellow wire? or the blue/black wire? Maybe I'm tied into the wrong one, I'm spliced in the red/yellow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts