Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Alright, so I couldn't find my normal favorite Cyberdyne digital boost gauge that reads in tenths w/memory available anymore, figured I'd try this ASPX

http://www.wide-band.com/product-p/apsx_d2b2.htm

combo digital boost and A/F gauge they had on sale this fall. Well the gauges work fine, great actually, but are a bit on the cheap side, they glare sooooo bad in the daylight that I can't see them well, the lens is convex and the glare makes them extremely hard to read. I've gone so far as to scuff them up with a scotch pad, which helped, but still not enough help in certain daylight conditions, they seem just too dim and fine to see with the glare. Even purchased a anti glare film from e-bay to try and install, of course it wont stick to a convex surface. Was thinking about finding a piece of flat glass or something to replace the convex lens and modifying it that way, but I think I may just replace them.

So my question to you guys is what digital gauge are you using that reads in tenths? And I don't want to hear about the one that do not read in tenths, those are worthless for a stage one system.

I see only a few out there that may work, I have to be able to see it at a quick glance, nothing with ultra small readout, dim output or bad glare. I only want to do this one more time again.

I need your thoughts both the good ones, and the ones to stay away from. I'm targeting from 4.5-10 lbs on my stage one for now.

Thanks, Mike

·
Boosted Eskimo
1,994 Posts
Koso X-2 if i remember correct it have max boost memory. Also temp. And AFR. And reeds in .1

---
Sent from my ice cold iphone from the other side of the pond using Tapatalk

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
Or look into arms new boost/a.f fail safe gauge

Then if something goes wrong you can have a light set up to flash

·
boost junkie
10,601 Posts
prologger

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Just a digital gauge fellas, that's all I need is just a gauge, no controllers, no loggers, just a simple, easy to read gauge, its not a race sled and I have the boost controller part taken care of.

Keep the Ideas coming please. Maybe even some pictures or links if you have them.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Here's a picture of my TruBoost (left) and FailSafe (center). It's a night shot but just to give you some reference. These are prolly more feature laden than what you are looking for though. I'll try and dig up a daytime shot. As I recall, they were good visibility in most daytime conditions.
d00f128809e11720e1b96b847034391d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Boosted Eskimo
1,994 Posts

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,538 Posts
dynotune...made for offshore marine environments and made to order

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey Beerman, where are you pulling your boost pressure signal from? I also have a FFP setup (2560 now) but my AEM truboost gauge never reads the vacuum (-negative) pressure. At idle it just sits at 0.0. I'm pulling from the 'tee' fitting on the side of the charge tube.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Hey Beerman, where are you pulling your boost pressure signal from? I also have a FFP setup (2560 now) but my AEM truboost gauge never reads the vacuum (-negative) pressure. At idle it just sits at 0.0. I'm pulling from the 'tee' fitting on the side of the charge tube.
I'll have to look at my notes. I pretty much tore everything apart from last year to do the motec thing this year. Let me see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
the charge tube will only let you see boost. you have to be in the intake/ behind the throttle body to see vacuum

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Leaning towards the VEI right now. Looks like it is much easier to see like the my old favorite the Cyberdyne.

If there any any more worth having, please let me know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts