Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I recently purchased a 1993 skandic II 377R with only 13xxkm on it, but it seems to have leaned out the pto side and had a melt down. I'm trying to locate a used cylinder. One yard I talked to told me there's 3 different types. Anyone know the difference? I've located a couple complete 377's but now, until I see them and the numbers, I have no idea if they will work for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only buying the engines to get a jug and head. I know of guys that have warmed the jug and swapped the liners. I'll do that if I have to. The guy thinks the engines are mid 80's so between points and cdi. Early electronic. I'll check things out once I see the engines.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Some of the differences in the heads would have been the height of the ports. Swapping the sleeve might not line up.

If you were worried about it, I think you could just swap out both jugs so you have consistent performance on each side? As long as the cyls are within spec, then give it a quick hone, re-ring and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know. Thank you. Hopefully one of the options will work out. I got it cheap and I'd like to keep it that way lol. It's just something to leave at our cabin for ice fishing so I don't have to bring the gtx back n forth every time we go.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cheap is what vintage sleds is all about! :) There was a good thread a few weeks back about honing. I'm gonna try Old Sled Nut's technique with the 400 wet/dry next time I do one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to check that out. My technique was always slow rotation speed and fast up n down using wd40 to keep it washed and lubricated.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Just grab 1. I drove a 377 STD on PTO side and .040 over on the Mag side for years with no ill effects. I would jump on that sled at midnight and head 25 miles to the cabin in 40 below without thinking about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts