Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to site and engine talk, because my local dealer no longer deals doo.
Unfortunately I rebuilt my motor- new pistons, rings, and mag side cylinder and did not stop here first - for suggestions. My concern is that the piston on the pto side (old cylinder) fits tighter than the one on the mag side (new cylinder). It is noticable when I spin the clutch too- when the pto side piston rises to Top of cylinder it gets increasingly harder to turn. If I spin the clutch and release it, it usually stops with pto cylinder close to the top.
Both cylinders have same number - could it be a carbon build up that I can't detect?

·
Registered
483 Posts
No its not carbon somehting is wrong you have to take it apart, when you bring the pistons to the top either one try and wiggle the piston from side to side there should be a very lillte amount of play back and forth , if you managed to put the ring in upside down (very hard to do) and got it back into the cylinder it would get harder to turn as the piston rose to the top . I mean it would be easier to turn when that piston was at the very bottom versus the very top, so either way you have to take it apart and check it , DO NOT keep on trying it or you run the risk of scoring the jug if you did manage to put the ring in upside down throw it out its ruined . when you get it apart turn the engine over slowly with the jug off and make sure nothing is binding in the crank .. good luck.
I would just take it all apart and go very slowly and pay attention as you put everything back together those needle bearings are a Bitc$ stuff rags around the bottom if you are taking the pistons off so you dont drop anyhting into the crank case area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts