Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between oil pumps and the numbers on the arms?

I'm going to do the "BigWorm" mod on mine but in case I mess it up somehow, I would like to get a backup. My pump has a "01" on it.

pumps on Ebay range from $30-100. All the "01" pumps are pretty

What about interchangeability? Could a newer models pump go on my sled (04' Summit 800HO)?

Also, the plastic bushing that goes through the arm on the oil pump, that is part of the throttle cable, is pretty worn. Has anyone found something that will work to replace that other than get an entire new throttle cable? I was thinking a slit could be cut in the "bushing" to get it off but its plastic and that will effect its durability. The oil pump is not something that I want to just stop working because of a stupid plastic thing breaking.

Any help is appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
That number identifies the engine it's to be used on. My 800HO pump is stamped with an 08.

I don't have my shop book handy, but ity will tell you what pump can be used on a specific engine.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about interchangability? All the manual says is the 02 pump is for everything other than the 800

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked at the 2006 manual and the ptek uses the 08 and the 800ho uses the 01. What's the difference?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts