Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test your DESS on your 2022 sleds. I have read several post about non paired dess on spring order sleds. I just saw another guy that thought his was paired, but ended up not being. The give away was not being able to access the gauges with the kill switch off and no beeps at start up. I had the same symptoms so tested mine with a thether from a buddies sled. Sure enough I could start it and rev past engagement no problem. Mine is a dealer stock 850 tnt. No one told me anything about the dess not functioning when I purchased it. Going to have to call and get the lock next week.. Better check all of your new sleds, so the any key doesn't start it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

· Registered
73 Posts
On the TNT with 4.5 digital gauge it doesn’t come on period without sled running and they don’t beep anymore unless overheating or some other warning. Although you shouldn’t be able to drive away using your buddies key so that’s definitely not good.

· Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,827 Posts
The DESS post is nothing more than basically a tether cord this season. Due to chip shortage no 2022 sleds will be programmed to one specific “key”.
Wait, there is a world wide computer chip shortage?

Seriously though, it's my understanding that all those garden variety "tether cords" used on 2022 sleds will be replaced when the DESS parts become available once again, likely in early '22.

· Registered
2022 Renegade XRS 900R
44 Posts
So i just got my dess post installed and key programmed from the dealer. Can somebody that has a 2022 or 2023 with working dess confirm if they still have the 2 beeps on startup or not?

· Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for answering, have you tried swapping keys and seeing if any key will start them?
i have not, dealer said it was complete no missing components. i think they stopped beeping on startup since 2020 when the new gauge clusters came out. remember also another key may start it but it wont rev up with wrong key, just incase you go and try it lol..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts