Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,702 Posts
Not sure I even care at this point if I get one or not. The post lock the dealer gave me seems more secure.

Don~
My dealer was only given a handful. He said last year if I really needed one he would give me one. I told him no. But when I talked to him the other day (nearing a year later) he told me he doesn’t think it’s happening and gave me a dess lock without me even asking. It does seem like a nice piece.

My guess is by the time Brp gets the real dess in, most will have traded to newer sled and moved on.

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z & 2022 850 MXZ TNT
271 Posts
The word i got yesterday about a working RF/DESS post was up to 2yrs .to see them . Let the Crying begin ! True/untrue ??
I had expected the chip shortage to have been resolved by now but a recent BRP announcement suggests otherwise. Have to think the supply has improved but I doubt working DESS posts are a top priority.

·
SkiDoo Guru
21,528 Posts
I had expected the chip shortage to have been resolved by now but a recent BRP announcement suggests otherwise. Have to think the supply has improved but I doubt working DESS posts are a top priority.
Ford no longer offers navigation or Sirius radio because of the chip problem imagine that $3,500 option for a new Audi to have navigation

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This seems like it could be a fairly slippery slope (but maybe I'm wrong). We were obviously charged for this part and the technology when we bought the sleds new. If they don't provide it, wouldn't they be liable to refund that part of the cost? It would be nice to know what their plans are and when they expect to execute on them.

·
boost junkie
11,873 Posts
they are so screwed up now, I surprised they can build anything

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,752 Posts
Man what a tough crowd. I don't think the 900r was a flop at all. Had a great season last year on it, yeah would be nice to always have the solid 16 -17 PSI they promised. Lots of high mph cruising 3,000 Mi same belt I'm super happy . As for Dess I don't know why everybody's getting so worked up about it bottom line is you could still ride the sled there are other ways to prevent theft if you're that worried.

·
Registered
2022 XRS Renegade 900 R Turbo
1,463 Posts
Man what a tough crowd. I don't think the 900r was a flop at all. Had a great season last year on it, yeah would be nice to always have the solid 16 -17 PSI they promised. Lots of high mph cruising 3,000 Mi same belt I'm super happy . As for Dess I don't know why everybody's getting so worked up about it bottom line is you could still ride the sled there are other ways to prevent theft if you're that worried.
As these sleds keep getting better & better we have less to complain about. The problems are few so we have to beat the last ones of them to death! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts