Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Tip up Town in Houghton Lake over the weekend after a disappointing ride in the U.P. Last week. The snow in the U.P. in Munising was about 12 inches in the woods and about 5 inches of base. It got up to almost 50 degrees on Friday so we rode a few miles (100) and the trails turned to dirt. Stopped in at Tip up town and took a demo ride on the 06 Yamaha Apex and Attack (150 hp). I'm telling you they have a great product. Very snappy, great feel, and great ride. I didn't notice any extra weight. We got to ride them about 15 minutes in the ice.

We took a ride on the polaris 600 ho. Good sled. Very snappy and fast. I still dont like the handle bars and steering on the sled. Would consider buying a Yamaha but no to the Polaris. The yamaha was all stock with 1 1/4 track no studs. I would have loved to put it up against my 800x. I think my X would get it out of the hole but I really think the yamaha will catch it with in 500 ft.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
ViperER said:
same crappy conditions here, 50 tomorrow!

only catch it?? isn't the APEX a 1 liter fuel injected motor?? and it can only catch a 800??

I love the line "didn't notice the extra weight" well ride it for 150 miles... you will!

[snapback]692673[/snapback]​
I didn't notice the extra weight of the Mach on the straights nor the ice either. Then ran into heavy moguls and twisty trails and I thought it sucked. You cannot mask the weight enough, the lighter the better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ViperER said:

only catch it?? isn't the APEX a 1 liter fuel injected motor?? and it can only catch a 800??

I love the line "didn't notice the extra weight" well ride it for 150 miles... you will!

I guess the guy can't give an honest opinion without having to listen to mr know everything. Why is it that when a guy says something nice about another brand sled you guys have to go out of your way to bash it?? He's not telling you to go buy an Apex. he's just giving you his impressions and the really funny thing here is mr knowitall Viper ER never rode an Apex but he still knows everything about it.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
ViperER said:

got over 1000 miles on mine, I dont notice the extra weight and I assure you the Apex will beat the 800. Im not sure what your fixiation is on the cc thing viper, or for Yamaha for that matter, you seem to be constantly digging for new ways to slam them. Did you have a woman leave you for a Yamaha rider? If I have to run 1000cc's of 4 stroke power to compare to 800cc's of 2 stroke then so be it because its FAR offset by the lifespan and piece of mind at this point and I'll be further ahead finacially beacuse of that, especially considering the REAL cost of the Apex was less than the 800 in the first place. Plus theres not a 2 stroke on the planet thats gives as cool a sound and driver feedback as the Apex, try to find a rider who test rode one and didnt comment on how great the motor is.. theyre rare . Theres no doubt the REV is a better sled when you going gets nasty, but to blindly think its the best sled overall and the holy grail of snomobiling as you seem to portray it, is VERY narrowminded.

Check this out, turn up the volume..lol Apex!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The thing with viper is, I don't think he has ridden an APEX, and if he did, and liked it, he wouldn't come on here and share that info with us anyways. Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
859 Posts
poo sucks said:
well yamacrap maybe nice but look whats happening to ALMOST EVERY 121 mono-shock skid, now you tell me what you would think if you where riding it.
[snapback]694033[/snapback]​
If we listed everything wrong with Doo this site would lock up.

·
Registered
351 Posts
poo sucks said:
well yamacrap maybe nice but look whats happening to ALMOST EVERY 121 mono-shock skid, now you tell me what you would think if you where riding it.
almost every? C'mon, i have 900 miles on mine and there are two others i ride with. None of us have seen this problem.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
poo sucks said:
Suddenly the kid who cried "Yamaha rules" is crying "Yamacrap". Interesting.

I love my Doo but you can't deny that Yamaha is definitely going in the right direction and they are continuing to advance in leaps and bounds. I say it won't be long until they are at least second in the market. With the number of Yamis I see on the trails these days, weight is obviously not a concern for many people.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
winter_rules said:
TT670 said:
Check this out, turn up the volume..lol Apex!!
[snapback]693040[/snapback]​
I usually don't jump in on these bashfest posts...but I thought I'd just point something out. The M7 takes a fresh line and the Apex follows a track the whole way.
[snapback]694117[/snapback]​
sounded to me like the apex had a turbo on it, i still love the yamaha 4 stokes they are just out of my price range right now. but when it comes to buying another sled. i think im going back to yamaha. they should have somthing like a rev by then. time will tell feb. 13

·
Registered
141 Posts
poo sucks said:
Hey thats my shock. Yes there is problems that need to be fixed, hopefully Yami comes through, thay allways have for me previousy on any problems. still happy with my sled though.
I ride with mostly revs & f-cats and we don't really play the bashing game unless just for little fun. they have tried my RTX and are very impressed to say the least.
All I can say is for those who haven't rode one for 5-10 miles, you really should try one, they ride great & are fun.
pray for snow,
BA

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
yeller said:
poo sucks said:
Suddenly the kid who cried "Yamaha rules" is crying "Yamacrap". Interesting.

I love my Doo but you can't deny that Yamaha is definitely going in the right direction and they are continuing to advance in leaps and bounds. I say it won't be long until they are at least second in the market. With the number of Yamis I see on the trails these days, weight is obviously not a concern for many people.
[snapback]694077[/snapback]​
No kidding. Which one of his little buddies hacked his account this time??

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
poo sucks said:
Youre not telling the whole story .. thats not happening to almost every 121" mono, its a result of the user and misinstalled studs. That shock came from a sled running backers that places the stud at an angle, as a result the head of the stud doesnt sit flush in the track. The shock wear is caused by the protruding stud hitting the shock. My sled barely has a rub mark on it.. take a look under your rev, I looked undr my REV and I can see where the center shock has rubbed the track.

·
Registered
141 Posts
TT670 said:
poo sucks said:
Youre not telling the whole story .. thats not happening to almost every 121" mono, its a result of the user and misinstalled studs. That shock came from a sled running backers that places the stud at an angle, as a result the head of the stud doesnt sit flush in the track. The shock wear is caused by the protruding stud hitting the shock. My sled barely has a rub mark on it.. take a look under your rev, I looked undr my REV and I can see where the center shock has rubbed the track.
[snapback]694431[/snapback]​
yes, the part with that the arrow is protruding was rubbing the shock that was in the pic. below is a pic of what the angled backer looks like (the lines represent the top & bottom of the track)
still yamaha needs to keep track from rubbing shock, it is a issue but not as big as one ruining a shock.

·
Registered
0 Posts
TT670 said:
poo sucks said:
[snapback]694431[/snapback]​
Ya...what he said! I also have studs on my Apex and the shock you see in that pic was damaged from studs up the middle on angled backing plates like TT stated. My shock looks like new , but the again I keep my studs away from the very center of the track. I'm surprised you guys haven't posted the pics of the guy with the bent tunnel on his Apex. I'm not too worried about bending my tunnel just like I'm sure you guys aren't too worried about your Doo starting on fire because I've heard of a few SDI's catching fire but I don't think thats any more normal then Apex tunnels bending.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.