Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its been discussed here before, but now, unlike earlier, i have some spare time. what is the pros vs any cons on plugging the decompression holes? i think i read before that the plug was available for the summit. thanks in advance for anyones help

·
Registered
904 Posts
You can get them installed under warranty from your dealer as part of the plug fouling fix from Ski Doo so it makes sence to get them installed for free.

·
Registered
823 Posts
friscospices.com said:
Back ordered, #$%&^%$ anyone no when they will be available from doo.
[snapback]316009[/snapback]​
Why weite???just weld them!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
friscospices.com said:
I just had mine installed at Robs Performance in WI they may have them. There a sponsor of this site.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
REDLINE 1 said:
friscospices.com said:
I just had mine installed at Robs Performance in WI they may have them. There a sponsor of this site.
[snapback]316064[/snapback]​
Did they doo it under warrenty?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I bought mine from them. They had a pretty good inventory of them. I wasn't going to wait around until doo could get them to my dealer. They had hyfax in stock too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes, this installation is covered under warranty. It is part of the update for the plug fouling problem.

·
Registered
877 Posts
HighMarker said:
Yes, this installation is covered under warranty. It is part of the update for the plug fouling problem.
[snapback]316335[/snapback]​
BULLSH$T!!!! There is no plug fouling update. If you beg and plead with your dealer you MAY get taken care of. An update would imply all sleds get the fix at no cost to the customer...this is not the case.
SHOW ME I'M WRONG!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
flatlander said:
HighMarker said:
BULLSH$T!!!! There is no plug fouling update. If you beg and plead with your dealer you MAY get taken care of. An update would imply all sleds get the fix at no cost to the customer...this is not the case.
SHOW ME I'M WRONG!!!!!!
[snapback]316556[/snapback]​
you are correct! my dealer said its a volentary fix. you pay! I paid to have my plugs put in because doo says its also a performance enhancement

·
Registered
957 Posts
freakshow12 said:
flatlander said:
HighMarker said:
SHOW ME I'M WRONG!!!!!!
you are correct! my dealer said its a volentary fix. you pay! I paid to have my plugs put in because doo says its also a performance enhancement
[snapback]316593[/snapback]​
I don't know what the deal is but my dealer called me & my cousin to bring our machs in to get the deco plugs put in last week along with br8ecs plugs per ski-doo. So I did.....Ski-doo prolly figured it was cheaper than buying sparkplugs when we were fouling all those br9ecs. Dealer had us running br8es plug till the br8ecs came in....We never fould a single br8es plug though.

·
Registered
904 Posts
freakshow12 said:
flatlander said:
HighMarker said:
SHOW ME I'M WRONG!!!!!!
[snapback]316593[/snapback]​
THere is no official plug fix bulliten, but Skidoo has a list of suggested fixes (including the installation of the decomp plugs) all which are covered under warranty. All I know is I just had all of these things done and didn't pay a cent!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
flatlander said:
HighMarker said:
SHOW ME I'M WRONG!!!!!!
PM'd you with some advice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts