Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Planning to restore the everest 500 this summer when its warm out and i would like to do a new paint job too, the only problem is, i cant find a single place that sells decals for this model. Does anyone know where i can look for decals?
another idea, if i cant find decals, would it be possible to just mask off the origional decals when i paint it? or would that look bad when its done
thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
Try skidoodecals.com, if they don't have it there, they prolly don't make em repro...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i didnt find any decals for the everest 500 though. is it possible to take the old decals off and then put them back on after painting?

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
yes it is possible to remove the old decals.

·
Registered
334 Posts
k_piske said:
Im Planning to restore the everest 500 this summer when its warm out and i would like to do a new paint job too, the only problem is, i cant find a single place that sells decals for this model. Does anyone know where i can look for decals?
another idea, if i cant find decals, would it be possible to just mask off the origional decals when i paint it? or would that look bad when its done
thanks
[snapback]718746[/snapback]​
Go to sledstuff.com and they have free decal program. If the don't have the set and are seeking it, you send them the decals off your sled and they make you a new set. I had the 1980 citation 4500 done. It takes a while to get it back. Worth a try.

·
Registered
334 Posts
k_piske said:
degasus said:
yes it is possible to remove the old decals.
[snapback]719166[/snapback]​
is it possible to re use the old decals though?
[snapback]720309[/snapback]​
no It will not work. I haven't known of a decal that was reuasble.

If there all in somewhat of a reconizable shape, go to www.sledstuff.com and enquire about thier free decal program. I did and it worked for me. and as a result there is a 1980 Citation 4500 decal kit that any one can buy now, and the prices are resonable. Go check it out. I would like to see the everest 500 on there my self. allways liked that machine. who knows maybe I'll restore one some day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i emailed the company about the free decals ( i think, i dont know if the email got sent or not) so hopefully there will be a set of everest 500 decals available by the end of next summer or something, thanks for your help

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got an email returned from them saying that they are not accepting any new projects until the end of summer, oh well

·
Registered
334 Posts
k_piske said:
i got an email returned from them saying that they are not accepting any new projects until the end of summer, oh well
[snapback]721489[/snapback]​
But thats ok ask them if they will accept the everest 500 when they are ready, and then you carefull remove the ones from your machine and carry on with your project. All I done was got a piece of thin plexi glass and put my decals on it and it protected them from damage and then i sent them out. at least you have the originals if you chose to get a local graphics company to do them at your cost.

I had a set done for 1994 skandic II 503R and it cost 125.00 plus taxes.

All you need to know is if they will accept the project at the future date. You still can drive it with no decals. They don't stop her from goin'.

Sleddoctor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.