Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys i need some help with my hood my orignal was damaged so i needed replacement. the sled is an XRS and im thinking of using the hood decals off the 07 renegade
x hood including the 800 ho decals on the side i just need alittle help with which colours and any ideas or pics would be great thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the problem guys the orignal XRS hood is a polycarbonate is not a decal or i would go with them again so i gotta deal with what i got so im thinking 800 ho decals down the side and x package decal on hood but would like to see the decals before i order them since there is no doo dealer near me for about an hour

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how many of you guys think it should just be left? i still have the xrs side panels is there any good decal shops around london ontario that you guys know of?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It does look good with the blank blue hood. But if you want to do somthing how about the techno bee decal on the hood? Or what's the stuff that gets put on with water? Hydro somthing. Where they put the decal on the suface of the water and dip the part into it. Id look into that looks great and comes out perfect

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Yea, they use it a lot on rifles. The graphic lays on top of the water and you slowly immerse the part into it and the decal adheres itself to it.

I'm a fan of the no sticker/minimal sticker look. I have no decals except a Ski Doo X on the two side panels and a couple Red Bull ones placed in a couple spots, Ha. Most people don't like it, but I buy the stuff by the case, so its more for my enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
never heard of that before sounds cool
Its called hydro dipping I think. They can put any design on anything. Ever seen the camo graphics on bows and rifles? Its that process that puts them there. Pretty much you send them your part and they send it back all sweet lookin!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats awsome but im gonna keep it simple found a nice simple flame design just waiting for delivery will post pics when i get it on by the way the hood has been waxed will i need to strip the wax before putting on the decal?

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Yea, the wax may make a barrier between your hood and the decal. The cold weather will take advantage of it and it will start to peel. I say strip the wax and start with a nice clean surface. After you put on the decal, tape off the edges and wax the hood again. Don't get wax on the decal, it may make it peel. I know that's how it is with some car stuff.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Don't use brake cleaner or anything like that. Just some dawn dish soap is all you'll need. It will take the wax right off. And use a spray bottle full of soapy water. Spray the surface and apply the decal make sure its where u want it than use a rubber squeege and go over the surface of the decal to get the soap out. You will have a nice bubble free decal and it won't be crooked

1 - 20 of 21 Posts