Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was VERY much looking forward to buying a new 2017 Rev 4! I waited by the computer on the unveiling night, and after, I dreamed about throwing a leg over the beast!

...I contemplated trading my 15 163X in, or the New 16 I purchased in January...

...unfortunately, I refuse to buy a sled that I can't ride prior to purchasing! When you released the 13XM, you brought the sleds to my area so I could demo one, and off of that demo, we sno checked 2...

...I appreciate all of the "EXPERTS" (Norona, Kuster, Prewitt) sharing their "unbiased" opinion, but DAMNIT ski doo, I WANT TO RIDE THAT SLED!

...signed a guy that was going to sno check a sled, but won't without a demo ride...Ace

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here on the east coast the only year anyone could try a snowcheck sled was in 07 when the XP was introduced, and then there wasn't any snow to try her so they just let us look at it..

·
Registered
147 Posts
You go ahead and wait a year then borrow one to try and order the following year if you like it. I will be riding the crape out of mine while you are dreaming of next year.

I have yet to ride a sled before purchase. Ski doo will sell the 850's out without your purchase. Wait a year.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Sounds like someone needs a hug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stealth860

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was VERY much looking forward to buying a new 2017 Rev 4! I waited by the computer on the unveiling night, and after, I dreamed about throwing a leg over the beast!

...I contemplated trading my 15 163X in, or the New 16 I purchased in January...

...unfortunately, I refuse to buy a sled that I can't ride prior to purchasing! When you released the 13XM, you brought the sleds to my area so I could demo one, and off of that demo, we sno checked 2...

...I appreciate all of the "EXPERTS" (Norona, Kuster, Prewitt) sharing their "unbiased" opinion, but DAMNIT ski doo, I WANT TO RIDE THAT SLED!

...signed a guy that was going to sno check a sled, but won't without a demo ride...Ace
I have spring ordered every Doo I have owned This will be the first I have not had the opportunity to ride before purchasing. I does make it a huge gamble.

We had a guy named Rudy from BRP that would bring a sled down and our dealer would schedule a group a people to go ride with him. it was like 10-12 others and we would go out and ride the new sled, swapping sleds for the afternoon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I spring ordered too. I bet ig there is something we don't like, we could probably sell it fairly easy! I don't anticipate feeling that way although.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
...boy, that would REALLY make me feel better! Thanks Buddy!

Ace
I'm glad you feel better. Keep your sleds IMO.

If yah want to be apart of the snocheck [email protected] on a first year engine and chassis than fill your boots.

Personally I don't see why you even needed to start this thread to begin with if you payed attention to doos history buying the first year of their product is always a gamble. The XM btw is not a new chassis. It's a xp with differant plastics so technically doo hasn't had a new chassis since 08 and do you remember those problems? And the engine problems when the 800r came out.

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
Let your dealer know you're serious about snowchecking one and see what they can do. The BC and AB dealers have been able to demo the machine to small groups if the customer is willing to travel.

Reactions: onkyo

·
Registered
703 Posts
Let your dealer know you're serious about snowchecking one and see what they can do. The BC and AB dealers have been able to demo the machine to small groups if the customer is willing to travel.
In general conversation my dealer said they might have access to one soon, he said it may be a little longer, as someone had piled it up somewhere.

I did not really take time and think about it, i guess because it hadn't happened on any of the demo's I have been on, but someone clipping a rock or a tree would make that very difficult. I would guess it is just a matter of time before the demo sled is put in an unfortunate situation

·
Registered
695 Posts

What's the problem here? Very valid points, I share your feelings. Hope you get your demo, still waiting on mine.

·
Registered
396 Posts

LOL I rode one yesterday and while you may believe that the experts are only speaking on behalf of Doo, I was convinced so fast that my 2014 is going up for sale immediately.

Reactions: Kruchy

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Who cares if you think it's a childish rant. There's a lot sillier rants on this website without valid points. How many of you go out and buy a new truck, bike, dildo or whatever else you ladies like to ride without taking it for a test ride first

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Subtle you are Bad . ( imagine my best Yoda voice) . Ha Ha .

I was fence sitting on moving to a longer sled from the 137. the moment i saw and read about the summit x i knew i wanted it . There is no chance of a test ride coming to my area so i ordered it

I was pretty relieved to get to finally sit on it at the show and was not let down by anything . And to measure it to see if it will fit in the clamshell i bought this year - just by a c hair

i can only hope the actual riding experience lives up to it.

Most things i buy i doo like to test out first , or go off of recommendations from people i trust .

Where i draw the line / I refuse to test ride a dildo unless i am the first one to doo so.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
A car/truck is about the only thing you listed that is commonly available for test drives. I never had the luxury of test driving a new snowmobile, motorcycle, ATV, or PWC. Those that get too are lucky and those that think they are entitled too are spoiled brats...

Who cares if you think it's a childish rant. There's a lot sillier rants on this website without valid points. How many of you go out and buy a new truck, bike, dildo or whatever else you ladies like to ride without taking it for a test ride first

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
A car/truck is about the only thing you listed that is commonly available for test drives. I never had the luxury of test driving a new snowmobile, motorcycle, ATV, or PWC. Those that get too are lucky and those that think they are entitled too are spoiled brats...
I completely agree. Go try to test ride a new cbr1000rr and the sales guy will laugh at you til u slap down a big ol down payment on it.. same with any new dirt bike, performance quad, etc.. i have enough experience with power sport toys, that i have zero issues ordering a new toy without throwing a leg over one. I still have a decent chance of demo'ing a g4 summit before summer is here but even if i dont, ill love my new g4 154x3 all the same when she gets here :)

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
You missed my whole point gade dude. I will agree with you though that those that can pre-ride next year's model are pretty damn lucky.

A lot of us have enough experience like two stroke her that buying something like a sled without a test drive doesn't bother us. But if Mr. Ace Freely or maybe it's the real Ace Freely's biggest stocker feels a little better if he can throw a leg over a demo before his purchase so be it. I think it's a good idea. Maybe the Powersports industry should step it up and allow for more test rides weather permitting. You can actually buy a new car cheaper than a lot of these sleds so why shouldn't you be given a chance to try it out first if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts