Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it a bizarre starting point in the sled buying game that a dealer has an 04 model sticker priced the same as the 05's.
Am I just being naive or too picky ??
(The 'sale' deal that they're offering is NO SALES TAX !! whoop-di-doo)

·
Registered
637 Posts
papasled said:
I find it a bizarre starting point in the sled buying game that a dealer has an 04 model sticker priced the same as the 05's.

[snapback]283452[/snapback]​
I always shop around, and I let the other dealers know if I got a better price from another dealer, soemtimes you get them running aruond like madmen. I have saved alot of money because of it. Never to Naive never to picky.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gade04 said:
papasled said:

I always shop around, and I let the other dealers know if I got a better price from another dealer, soemtimes you get them running aruond like madmen. I have saved alot of money because of it. Never to Naive never to picky.

[snapback]283479[/snapback]​
sad thing is they're the only dealer for 800 miles.....sigh

·
Registered
93 Posts
If your local dealer is supportive and good to work with, and the only other dealer 800 miles away, do some shopping but bring them the other quote.
Cheers and enjoy a good ride.

·
Registered
541 Posts
papasled said:

price ain't everything....but service IS!! they should be able to offer you 2.9% financing through laurentian bank for 2 years. that'll save you some cash. or..tell em you want the 05 then and make him find you one!! throw in a cover!! and NO taxes!! service bonus for 2 years!! lots of ways to get an edge without pricing him to death.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If the next closest dealer is 800 miles, no wonder they're able to gouge on price a bit. And it may not really be gouging because the margins on sleds is not real high to begin with. To be honest with you, they have the right to sell the sled for as high a price as possible. It's how capitalism works. Far more important is how they are going to take care of problems if they develop with the sled. Not only take care of problems, but get them done in a timely manner, because the season is so short.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For me to buy anything the price has to be competitive but not the lowest. When yoiur sled has a problem do you want to take it to a dealer who treated you right or was just the cheapest. Many times on here we read about hated dealers. Think they might have been low bidder? Jim

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey pappa Bear My dealer is 600 Miles away LOL.
I've could have gotten my Rev from a nearer dealer(150 miles) but the other guy killed him in the price.
From my own experenice the dealer giving you the better deal is the dealer whos gonna have better service. Just my 2 cents. I've bought 3 snowmobiles from my dealer in the past 2 years(an outboard engine also), I'm not "dealer loyal" hes just that good.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna go after them for some goodies and extended service warranty, cover, etc.
Don't need the financing, that should be a good lever, I'm going to pay off the older sled I bought in the fall and offer him a nice chunk of coin for the whole deal, should sound nice, CA$H money !!
Sled I'm looking at is GTX Sport (500SS), sticker says $9,999 right now..

·
Registered
513 Posts
papasled said:
Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna go after them for some goodies and extended service warranty, cover, etc.
Don't need the financing, that should be a good lever, I'm going to pay off the older sled I bought in the fall and offer him a nice chunk of coin for the whole deal, should sound nice, CA$H money !!
Sled I'm looking at is GTX Sport (500SS), sticker says $9,999 right now..
[snapback]284727[/snapback]​
Seems like I read some where that Doo is also giving rebates back on the 04 left overs too. You might take a look on the Doo site to see what they are, and then ask the dealer about it.

REVBob

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like I read some where that Doo is also giving rebates back on the 04 left overs too. You might take a look on the Doo site to see what they are, and then ask the dealer about it.

REVBob
[snapback]284745[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Right, I see that, I'll ask them, thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
papasled said:

The thing is that the 04 has probably cost them more money than the 05. They had pay what ever Bombardier wanted (they don't get to negotiate on price) and then pay the interest on the sled for the last 12 months (somewhere around $50/mnth = additional $600 on cost) If original markup is ??$900?? ; that leaves them a whopping $300 to pay the staff, hydro, and service all your needs that Bombardier won't cover under warranty.

I know this doesn't help why you should buy the 04 when the 05 is the same $ - but it may help you understand their reasoning.

My $0.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts