Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
They get number from brp on how many sleds to sell. If get 100 sleds. Sell 90 spring orders then have 10 sleds to sell in winter. If go over that number then no extra sleds to sell on floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was no limit on the amount of sleds we could Spring Check/Order (at least for our store). We have a number that we can actually handle as we are a smaller shop (about 350 skidoo). Every Skidoo we have coming this season was a Spring Check. We do have some Polaris sleds for sale : ) peace

·
Registered
191 Posts
I called all the dealers in my area and no one had any 4 strokes available (I'm looking for a second 900 Ace Renegade) and they all said their inventory will be sold out by Thanksgivig (mid Oct).
There will be people that back out of their spring orders so a few will pop up for sale. The tricky part will be finding a 900 ace

I’m in Manitoba also, enns sales department has always been good to me. I was by there on Friday to harass them about my spring order and they had a fair amount in the showroom on lagimodiere (likely sold orders)

·
"The Podiatrist"
4,096 Posts
If anyone is interested in a Lynx Rave that was a demo late last season, pm me.
Dealer is in the Erie, PA area. I’ll give you the sales guy name/number.

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,223 Posts
There will be people that back out of their spring orders so a few will pop up for sale. The tricky part will be finding a 900 ace

I’m in Manitoba also, enns sales department has always been good to me. I was by there on Friday to harass them about my spring order and they had a fair amount in the showroom on lagimodiere (likely sold orders)
Any 900 turbos or all 2 strokes?

·
Registered
286 Posts

That's where I bought my 2015 Renegade. I called them and all 4 stokes were already sold. The only one I can find is a 600 Ace Renegade Sport in Brandon. Think I will wait until next year or the year after to get a new 900.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I was picking up oil for my Polaris sxs today and talked to the Polaris/Yamaha dealer. He didn't say much about Polaris, but said Yamaha embarrassed them. They were allotted x amount of Yamaha sleds and presold all of them. Then Yamaha told them they couldn't fulfill the dealer allotment so they had to call the customers back and inform them that they had to cancel their orders and refund their deposits.

·
IKnowNothing
1,238 Posts
To my knowledge, US dealers had no allotment limit on 2022 Spring Order models. So I doubt their 2022 allotment of "in season" models was consumed by Spring Order units, rather they now have deposits or have already sold their 2022 allotment of "in season" models.
Doubt away....

No spring check only allotment, but limitations to total overall quantity regardless of how many were spring or in season.

Units that are "sold" already (IE: SPring Check) will likely be produced prior to "unsold" units due to component availability. Good chance you may never get your 100 in season units if you were allotted 300 units and spring checked 200. Would be really shooting yourself in the foot not doing everythign you can to secure inventory in this market.

300 is just an arbitrary number for example, just to be clear.

They were pretty much out of used sleds to sell as of last weekend too, and the number they started with was no small feat.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If, and I mean IF, Textron had a clue, they would ditch their pre-order only business plan during this pandemic driven powersports boom. And make as many entry level sleds (like 6000 LXRs) and offer them to dealers for showroom floor stock. There are many new, non-brand loyal buyers entering the snowmobile market these days. And with the shortage, people who want a new sleds are looking to buy whatever is available and this is the perfect opportunity to sell more units, and potentially build a new customer base.

Reactions: sno_mo_racer

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
They are in the same boat as everyone else (Parts Shortage)! It's way to late for Yamacat and Cat!

Bob

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My dealer told me last spring when I ordered mine that finding a new sled later in the year would be next to nil. I too am waiting to list my Ace Blizzard for sale till I know for sure the new sled will be here....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
In speaking with Lemieux's in NH they had the most spring orders ever at 193 and they were allowed to order 21 or 22 in season models. They already had a number of those sold as well. Any one shocked by the lack of availability of new cars, trucks, sleds, computer products needs to catch up to the reality that started much earlier this year. The rare earth shortage has impacted everything that comes with a chip. There are even news stories about the need to holiday shop early this year if you want to get new toys.

As far as sleds, every manufacturer has the same need and same issue.
Yeah! I'm one of those 193s! I heard that about their sales and in-season models as well. I noticed whenever they get used sleds out front they are gone in a day! Love Lemieuxs!

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I remember the days of old when dealers had 30 to 50 used sleds that were traded in and 20 to 30 to sell besides ordered sleds. Not happening this year, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about keeping my 21 till I see if I get my 22 . Might be worth a little more now than what is was for a trade.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts