Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that Smith Marine, a high volume, high margin Ski-Doo dealership in Old Forge, NY is already sold out of all of their 2022 dealer stock allotment as well as any used sleds they had.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully, Arctic Cat is taking advantage of this and built as many extra sleds as they could.

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Isn't this kind of old news?

Most dealers were sold out of new stuff as soon as spring orders ended.

Used is a different deal, but inventory is tight all over, for sure.

I talked to my neighbor the other day, he's on a waiting list.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Rumor has it that Smith Marine, a high volume, high margin Ski-Doo dealership in Old Forge, NY is already sold out of all of their 2022 dealer stock allotment as well as any used sleds they had.
They had over 300 spring break orders which was their allotment for the season. I bet many don't want to turn in their trade until their 22 comes in , most likely why they have nothing used at this time.

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Enduro 850 E-Tec
13 Posts
For those in eastern Canada, I was in the BRP dealer in Halifax NS over the weekend and they had 5 sleds on the showroom floor. A couple of Backcountry's, a Grand Touring, an Expedition and a Renegade Enduro. I think they were 2020's and 2021's. An easy drive from Ontario/QC/NB to get a sled without having to wait.

·
Registered
446 Posts
St Onge in Barrie is by far the biggest dealer in Ontario and they are completely sold out of 22s. The have sold their entire 22 Seadoo allotment already as well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I called all the dealers in my area and no one had any 4 strokes available (I'm looking for a second 900 Ace Renegade) and they all said their inventory will be sold out by Thanksgivig (mid Oct).

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Enduro 850 E-Tec
13 Posts
I called all the dealers in my area and no one had any 4 strokes available (I'm looking for a second 900 Ace Renegade) and they all said their inventory will be sold out by Thanksgivig (mid Oct).
Call the dealer in Halifax. The Renegade Enduro was an 900 ACE.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't this kind of old news?

Most dealers were sold out of new stuff (2021s and earlier) as soon as spring orders ended.
Yes and no. But this is the first time that I have seen a dealer post / advertise that their entire 2022 dealer stock allotment (not Spring Orders) is SOLD OUT and this was before mid-September.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
When I ordered in the spring the dealer here said they wouldn’t have any new sleds to sell in winter. They were already at their allotment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My dealer isn't getting any 2022 stock allotment (Polaris or Skidoo). They still have a few leftovers but they are going for full price. I'm not sure who would pay more for a leftover Adrenaline than a brand new X or XRS, but to each their own.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes and no. But this is the first time that I have seen a dealer post / advertise that their entire 2022 dealer stock allotment (not Spring Orders) is SOLD OUT and this was before mid-September.
That is why they are sold out. They sold their entire 2022 Dealer Allotment during Snow Check so technically they were all sold out of 2022's as soon as Snow Check was over they just didn't advertise it until now.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is why they are sold out. They sold their entire 2022 Dealer Allotment during Snow Check so technically they were all sold out of 2022'sas soon as Snow Check was over they just didn't advertise it until now.
To my knowledge, US dealers had no allotment limit on 2022 Spring Order models. So I doubt their 2022 allotment of "in season" models was consumed by Spring Order units, rather they now have deposits or have already sold their 2022 allotment of "in season" models.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
To my knowledge, US dealers had no allotment limit on 2022 Spring Order models. So I doubt their 2022 allotment of "in season" models was consumed by Spring Order units, rather they now have deposits or have already sold their 2022 allotment of "in season" models.
They get number from brp on how many sleds to sell. If get 100 sleds. Sell 90 spring orders then have 10 sleds to sell in winter. If go over that number then no extra sleds to sell on floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
In speaking with Lemieux's in NH they had the most spring orders ever at 193 and they were allowed to order 21 or 22 in season models. They already had a number of those sold as well. Any one shocked by the lack of availability of new cars, trucks, sleds, computer products needs to catch up to the reality that started much earlier this year. The rare earth shortage has impacted everything that comes with a chip. There are even news stories about the need to holiday shop early this year if you want to get new toys.

As far as sleds, every manufacturer has the same need and same issue.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My dealer currently has five TNT 600r’s and eleven TNT 850’s. All are 2022.

They also have a 2021 TNT 850

Reactions: ADTguy

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,539 Posts
And they got over 300 units The 22 Seadoos are pretty much sold out as it the new boat they have .Just Think ,All these NewBees Will be out on the trails/water .

1 - 20 of 58 Posts