Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
K i had some front end damage to my sled and I dropped it off on Monday, January 10. They said they couldnt look at til Wednesday the 12th I say ok fine. Wed comes they dont call to give me an estimate so i call down there he says oh i didn't get a chance to look at it I'll call you first thing 2morrow(thursday) So he does call me that Thursday at like noon and he gives me the estimate I say ok go ahead order the parts and get back to me and let me know that everything went through ok and that nothings on backorder he says ok sure, ill call you 2morrow, (Friday). So he doesnt call and I call on monday and now he almost has no idea what I'm talking about, because the parts never got ordered so he says K i will order them today and you can pick up your sled on Wednesday the 19th, I say ok cool. I call down there on wed the 19th and he says oh umm well some of the parts didn't come so i'll get it done 2morrow(thursday), im like ok whatever. So i wait to hear from him all day thursday and I dont so i call again, he says umm the guy who is going to do the work on your sled is very ill and he'll be out til monday so it'll be done then. Now this whole time I havent gotten to upset cuz their really was no snow anyway. But then we get hammered on sunday and all my friends go riding and I have no friggin sled , so needless to say Im "edit for bad language" all day. So i call down there today and im like ok now my sled is like 5 days late im just wondering when its gonna be done, he goes well we are pretty backed up so you're gonna be looking at either 2morrow or wednesday the 26th for pickup. WHAT THE F%#$?!?!?! Im gonna go postal in like 2.5 seconds here this is complete BS, IF it gets done by wednesday that will be exactly one week late (minus sunday when they aren't open). Now when I pick it up is he gonna tell me well since we were so late and you missed all this GREAT riding we will knock some of the labor costs off for you...NO hes is gonna say your total is $1200 just like it would have been before...have I been patient enough here what would you guys do?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd figure your going to be paying full bill here. Just one more reason why I try to learn as much as possible and fix it myself. The dealer could care less regardless, he will be getting full bill if it is repaired on the specified date or even later. Then the majority of these "mechanics" are hacks.

Show me a good mechanic and I would be more than willing to pay for the service. The majority of them are learning OJT (on the job training), just turning the wrench.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If possible, Iwould pick up the parts and fix it myself.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Funny how he is all backed up now that there's been some snow down for others to go out and damage their sled! Yours should be the first one done since it was there before the snow fell. Also, it's his problem the guy working on it got sick. He should have another mechanic finish it up, or he should do it himself. What if the guy got in a car accident and was in the hospital? You wouldn't see your sled until spring then?

There are two things to learn from this:
1) Don't hit anything with your sled
The dealer doesn't care about the amount of
riding you're gonna miss. He'll get the same amount of money from you whenever
it's done.
2) Learn to work on the sled yourself. You'll save yourself a ton of cash, and gain a ton
of knowledge.

I'm very new to this sport compared with most others here. This '03 Rev is the first sled I've ever owned, and I won't hesitate to do all my own work. I have a good group of friends who are willing to show me the ropes. Even if they just sit back and keep an eye on me while I do the wrenching, I'm still far ahead of if I took the sled in to the dealer. If something minor happens out on the trail, I've got a lot better chance of trouble shooting and making the sled able to get back home because I now have an understanding of the mechanics. If all I did was write checks for service, what would I do on the trail? Call a tow truck like you would a car? I told my friends when I got the sled that I wanted to learn how to work on it myself, and I think I'm better off because of it. Get a service manual and do some reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. I have worked at a dealership(not this one) for about 8 years. ordering parts sucks because availability.the only way to take care of an issue like this is stick to your word get it done. no bs
the dealer that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts