Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the new Dayco HPX belt or does anyone have any experiences with it. I blew my belt yesterday and might try something other than the OEM belt.

Thanks,
Zack

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
shybz700x said:
Does anyone use the new Dayco HPX belt or does anyone have any experiences with it. I blew my belt yesterday and might try something other than the OEM belt.

Thanks,
Zack
[snapback]701503[/snapback]​
I haven't tried that particular belt, but I have tried numerous other aftermarket ones. In my opinion I have had the best luck with factory belts, and in most cases they are cheaper.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have always had the best luck with OEM belts. Dayco does make the belts for OEM skidoo's though, and in the race manual for the mod motors they give a part number for a Dayco.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Zack, hey i just rebuilt my 2000 Mxz 700 and needed a new belt. My buddy is a mechanic and knows Ski-doo in and out as a grass dragger. I just put on one of those HPX belts. Now I don't have but 50 miles on it but seems great. He said they tested well compared to the 067 and 127 ski-doo belt. I trust his judgement 100%. Hope that helps.....

Clint

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
16,615 Posts
i just blew a belt and bought an HPX to replace the spare im using now. hope it turns out ok. original belt had 1100 miles
hope the HPX goes just as far.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think they are around $52.00 US. Far cheaper the OEM..... they are very comparable as long as your clutch alignment is correct.

GT500LC said:
What are the prices for those belts, I just replaced my belt with the OEM and paid $78.95 CAN at the dealership. 98 Grand Touring 500
[snapback]707175[/snapback]​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.