Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Guy I know here in town, (have ridden with him in the past), is walking along the street about 3pm Monday.

Somehow he becomes involved in an RCMP foot pursuit of two young male suspects (rumor has it there was a sled theft in progress), and he, being the hero type that he is, decides to help the police bring these young perps to justice !

At one point the suspects enter an open area, and the RCMP dog handler who is also involved in the chase decides to loose the German Shepherd, after following protocol and shouting out a warning to the two suspects to freeze as the dog will take them down if they continue to flee.

Good samaritan, meanwhile, either ignores or does not hear the warning in the adrenaline-pounding heat of the moment, and continues to run into the area...whereupon he is appraised by the highly-trained K9 dog as an immediate threat, and is promptly attacked and subdued.

"Milkbone" McMullen was taken to the regional hospital and medevaced to Edmonton with lacerations to the arm and leg. Apparently he will be fine, and the media reports stress the dangers and risks to the public of becoming involved or interfering with police activities.

"Scooby Snack" returns from Edmonton soon and will no doubt have a newfound respect for the K9 officers and their partners.

Purple Violet Art Font Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
papasled said:
Guy I know here in town, (have ridden with him in the past), is walking along the street about 3pm Monday.

Somehow he becomes involved in an RCMP foot pursuit of two young male suspects (rumor has it there was a sled theft in progress), and he, being the hero type that he is, decides to help the police bring these young perps to justice !

At one point the suspects enter an open area, and the RCMP dog handler who is also involved in the chase decides to loose the German Shepherd, after following protocol and shouting out a warning to the two suspects to freeze as the dog will take them down if they continue to flee.

Good samaritan, meanwhile, either ignores or does not hear the warning in the adrenaline-pounding heat of the moment, and continues to run into the area...whereupon he is appraised by the highly-trained K9 dog as an immediate threat, and is promptly attacked and subdued.

"Milkbone" McMullen was taken to the regional hospital and medevaced to Edmonton with lacerations to the arm and leg. Apparently he will be fine, and the media reports stress the dangers and risks to the public of becoming involved or interfering with police activities.

"Scooby Snack" returns from Edmonton soon and will no doubt have a newfound respect for the K9 officers and their partners.

View attachment 46943
[snapback]705305[/snapback]​

BRINGS NEW MEANING TO

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 110 lbs german shepard who is very smart and sociable, but mister let me tell ya i wouldnt wanna "edit for bad language" her off to bad. Came home one night and she was out in the yard which is strange cause she is in the house during the day. Realized somone had broken in and she had munched em pretty good. Whoever this was closed the door thinking they were home free but she jumped through the broken glass on the door and chased this guy down. He got away but musta scared the crap outta him, not to mention quite a few bites from all the blood that was around. Went back in the house and realized she let him get halfway through the house before annoucing her presense cause thats where most of the blood was. I dont bother locking the doors now, saves on replacing window's.

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
some new info indicates that paul in fact DID stop when the cops told him to, but he decided to wave his arms in the air yelling "I'm over here"

I guess we'll have to wait to ask paul what happened. Better yet, I'm sure he'll talk about it on the radio, with a twist of course.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
papasled said:

View attachment 46943
never a dull moment is there?
surprized he didnt get changed with aiding and abetting... for distracting the dog...

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zdooman said:
papasled said:

View attachment 46943
never a dull moment is there?
surprized he didnt get changed with aiding and abetting... for distracting the dog...
[snapback]705461[/snapback]​
Stay tuned, I'm sure there's a lot more to this story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.