Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
I have a 2005 MXZX600SDI. As you know it comes with the Precision Skis. I am not going to change them since they do ok by me for now.

My question is controling Darting.

I rode 100 miles today in 7-8" fresh snow with frozen ground underneath. Snow was of medium consistency-not fluf.

I noticed when I went down a hardpacked rode I had some serious darting. I know typically darting comes from too much ski pressure.

Here is my set up: Center shock slightly past half way for preload. Pulled up strap one hole. Front shocks are on 3. Springs in rear on 2 and transfer block on rail in on 1 or full coupling. No change on clicker on rear shock all though I would like to play with it to eliminate hard bottoming (Maybe increase center shock preload too or this reason).

I am a first timew REV owner so between the skis and SC4 I am sure it is not like my old SC3 and ZX chassis.

Let me know what you have found to work. Thanks!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had the same problem put the front shocks on lightest setting middle shock heaviest setting and rear shock lightest setting it made a improvement.But you are better off getting new skies.I bought a set of used ski doo flex skies for $75.00 and put dual 8 inch woody carbides and no daring at all and corners like its on rails.Good luck

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Put your straps back to stock ,thats pulling weight on the front,raise the center shock up one more notch or so. front shocks in the middle notches.Now get your ski tow out chkd.I'm using a total of 3/8 of an inch tow out.Darting has been almost eliminated.
Rich

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSX800HO said:
Put your straps back to stock ,thats pulling weight on the front,raise the center shock up one more notch or so. front shocks in the middle notches.Now get your ski tow out chkd.I'm using a total of 3/8 of an inch tow out.Darting has been almost eliminated.
Rich
[snapback]309820[/snapback]​
When you say raise the center shock up one more notch do you mean I need to add preload?

I haven't checked tow out yet and it may be the caulprit.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
all you have to do is take the ski off and you will see a rubber pad on the back side of the pad put a 1/4 " shim under the rubber on the" back side". i did this and all the darting is gone . the 1/4" shim should be rubber or something that wont break.
try it it works

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not sure if this helps;
friend's '04 Adrenaline darted and also 'dove' in the corners. He discovers the camber was way off (bowed out).
He solved the problem by putting in a 3/8" spacer on the upper A arms to get camber at 0". Said it really solved the problem.
mike

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FutureRev said:
See the post about Bergstrom carbides and shimming the back of the ski mount rubbers. It will give some improvement. Most darting with precision skis happens when you get into the track of other precision skis. And we know there are more and more out there all the time now. Related post link: http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39547
[snapback]310052[/snapback]​
Thanks for the link to the previous post. Sounds t\like the way to go. I wrote Bergstrom an email.

Thanks

I will follow up with results

·
Registered
9 Posts
GSX800HO said:
Rich
this works, more pre load on the ctr. shock= less dart, less on ski shocks= less dart. and yes, let those straps out for trail riding.

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vt800ho said:
GSX800HO said:
Rich
this works, more pre load on the ctr. shock= less dart, less on ski shocks= less dart. and yes, let those straps out for trail riding.
[snapback]310291[/snapback]​
Thanks I will give it a try

1 - 14 of 14 Posts