Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 mxz800 with precision skis and on hard compact trails the sled darts from side to side.is there any cure for this

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
check your ski alignment.my mxz 700 tracks great on hard pack I have mine set 1/4 wider in the front.do a search on ski alignment there will be a step by step for you there..good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Start with ski alignment, if that fails lighten the preload on the ski pressure. You may also want to verify that someone before you hasnt adjusted the limiter strap too tight. Both adjustments are fairly easy and should be in owners manual. Those precision skis are awesome when you get the sled adjusted correctly!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
[RoH]r=e=v said:
Start with ski alignment, if that fails lighten the preload on the ski pressure. You may also want to verify that someone before you hasnt adjusted the limiter strap too tight. Both adjustments are fairly easy and should be in owners manual. Those precision skis are awesome when you get the sled adjusted correctly!!
[snapback]298231[/snapback]​
doesn't tightening the limiter strap increase ski pressure?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes tightening the strap does increase pressure, which is why he wants to check and see if anyone has already done that. Because if they did it could be his problem!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts